First timer looking to full time in an E 30

Just thought I would say hi. My wife and I and are 2/3 children in Oct. are looking to full time in South Texas. Currently very interested in the Elkridge E 30 because of layout and price. We would love to buy used but it seems this model is rare and pretty hard to come by used. Anyway headed 2.5 hours away tomorrow to actually step inside one. Any E30 owners out there with advice would be appreciated. Also any full timers with kids I would love to hear feedback as well. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The only issue will be the "R" factors. An Elkridge is not rated for full time use in very cold weather. It can be done, but frozen water lines are not pretty. Other than that they are a good coach. BTW, what TV do you have. Just make sure its rated for the GVW weight of the trailer. Good luck in your travels.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with what was posted above. We lived in our ElkRidge 34QSRL for about a year and a half. But the E30 is the lighter version. The sweet spot for the ER for us was 50 degrees to 80 degrees. Anything below and above, the ER struggled to keep as comfortable as I would have liked. Slideouts tend to be areas where temperatures were difficult to maintain.

As noted, look at storage in closets and drawers for clothing, as well as kitchen storage for pots/pans, pantry items, etc.

Heartland makes good products at the various price points, but the lower price point units are not designed for full timing. I believe the Big Country, Big Horn and Landmark are designed for full time living. You might consider one of these to better fit that lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk