First trip back to the dealer - no brakes

Willym

We cleaned the brakes and magnets. All seals had failed and I have never greased it before. Took it home and it didnt seem to be much better. Re-did the burn in procedure and they got a little better but by then they were pretty hot. Took the trailer up to the WY spot and the brake seem to be considerably better. Parked for a month and brought it home. I heard that you need to reset the brake controller for a long period of time to drain the capacitor. Dont know how much truth to that there is. Coming home the brakes seemed to be working much better and seemed to get better and better. Took it to the lot and when I pulled up to the gate I use the manual lever and it skidded the tires. NEVER has done that before! Now the truck even seems to stop better with the trailer attached. Finally we got BRAKES!

I'm curious, can you tell us more about resetting the brake controller and what types of controller it applies to.

ChopperBill

Sorry for the late reply, but just had carpel tunnel surgery and was away from the putor a couple of days. I have the prodigy and heard on the other forum that un plugging the controller for for awhile bleeds the capacitor and resets the controller. Like i said I dont know how much truth there is in that but something sure happened good between parking it for a month and hooking back up.

Willym

Sorry for the late reply, but just had carpel tunnel surgery and was away from the putor a couple of days. I have the prodigy and heard on the other forum that un plugging the controller for for awhile bleeds the capacitor and resets the controller. Like i said I dont know how much truth there is in that but something sure happened good between parking it for a month and hooking back up.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the recovery from your surgery!