First Trip out :(

BillGott

Had a few issues with new unit. Only 2 gave us fits. The batteries stopped taking a charge from the converter and when hooked up to the truck the aux. fuse in the truck would blow when we tried to use the hydraulic pump to bring in the rooms or level the camper. Had to buy battery charger to keep batteries up. Turns out there is 6 rubber covered fuse type connections above the battery and the one that feeds voltage back to the battery was tripped. You had to remove rubber cover to find small reset button. Took dealer 2 hours to figure it out. Worst problem was hydraulic lines to jacks. One completely blew off the fitting and 2 others developed bubbles and they blew. Camper could not move till mobile hydraulic guy put 3 new fittings on. He showed me where two other hoses were soft. Seems the crimped on ends were allowing fluid to back up between the outer and inner hoses. I want the dealer to replace all 12 lines to the jacks and the lines to the motors that power the rooms. I will wait to see what the do.

danemayer

Hi BillGott,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear about the problems you had on your first outing.

Now that you're on the forum, let me suggest if you have any issues in the future, you ask about them here. Often there's a simple fix that someone can share and save you a trip to the dealer. We also have a number of owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides that may prove useful to you. The links will take you right to those folders, but you can also get to them from the TOOLS tab at the top of the page.

On your hydraulic problem, let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. A call to discuss the problems already found may grease the skids on approval to replace all the lines.

BillGott

Thank you I will be calling tomorrow. Camper has spent the last 5 weeks at dealer and nothing has been done. They claim they are waiting for Landmark to authorize.

wehavefun

I had a friend that purchased a Heartland product because of me telling them how great they are, he also had a hydraulic fitting blow off 1st week. Made a mess, left him slightly stranded. Made a quick fix, then a permanent fix. He also wanted all the lines replaced because he was nervous. 3 years later he has,not had another problem. I can share your concerns, I just ordered my 3rd Heartland product and I expect to have the same awesome luck with this one as I have had with the other 2. Your bugs will get worked out and you will be very happy soon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk