First trip we will have to stop along the way

orion7144

What does everyone do that can not get in the refrigerator, due to the island, unless you extend the slides. We plan on stopping half way for fuel and to eat. On mine I have not found a way to open the slides unless the auto level has been performed.

danemayer

No sound at all, like there is no power to them.
If I follow, you're saying that if you try to operate the slides without first auto-leveling, there's no sound and no movement. But if you auto-level and then operate the slides, they work normally.

The auto-level brain and the slide switch independently power the solenoid (Trombetta) on the hydraulic pump to energize the pump motor in one direction or the other. So it should not be necessary to auto-level first before using the slides.

My guess is that you have a loose connection either at the slide switch, or at the solenoid (Trombetta). If you pull the switch away from the wall, take a picture with your phone in case the wires come off. The picture will be your reference to place the wires correctly.

Our owner-written Electrical User Guide has diagrams that you may find helpful if you want to investigate yourself.

orion7144

I just got the camper back from service before our trip and now I can move the slides without first running the auto level. I am not sure if this was a lack of power or not but I did have 4 6V batteries installed ( was part of the deal) and they were fully charged.