First Weekend Impressions - 300C

SCPOBob

We completed our first weekend out with our 300C and thought I would share some of our first impressions: 1) Towing with our current truck (2005 Silverado 2500HD) - No problems, could use a dually, but that will come later...mileage about 12MPG out to the coast and back; 2) Livability of the coach - very nice, we quickly settled into the flow of the living space with a few minor tweaks to where we had stuff stashed from move in; 3) Sleeping...let's just say I have slept past 7AM in many, many years; 4) Issues encountered - mostly minor things that I can/will fix, but there are a couple that we will be speaking to the Dealer about: a) Leaking around the base of the shower stall; b) Kitchen cabinet doors not quite aligned correctly; 3) Load water pump (already mentioned in the forums by other owners); 4) Hot water heater...this one really has me stumped and the most worrisome:mad:. Here are the symptoms that we have: Hot water heats up (electric and LPG), when the water first comes out of the tap (kitchen/bathroom/shower) it is appropriately hot, but after 30secs or so it turns noticeably luke-warm...question for the group is this a "new safety" feature or has anyone else seen this? In summary --- We feel the weekend and the new coach went quite well and are looking forward to many more....its just too bad I am now out of vacation days for the year :(.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are two things I can shed some light on. Don't know if I can help, but maybe.
The hinges on the cabinet doors should be adjustable. Look for some screws on the hinge. One will move the door left to right the other will move the door in or out.
If you are only getting warm water then you need to check that your winterizing valves are set in the 'Normal' position. Also be sure that no faucets have been left on at the outside shower.
You may also have a bad check valve at the water heater.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Check your outside shower to make sure both the hot and cold faucets on it are off. You may be getting some mixing if they were accidentally left on.

Jim