FIXED: Sparks and Smoke under slide

dasmoeturhead

Re: Sparks and Smoke under slide

Got it done. It took Heartland (according to the dealership ) a whole day to approve the repair, and tell them how to fix it. Turns out they knew about this problem. The metal seal wasn't notched out, and the wire rubbed against it every time the slide went in or out. Finally ending up in a shower of sparks, and smoke. Could have been worse I guess. Cost us 2 nights in New Orleans at spring break prices. Not cheap. Getting reimbursed a little, but that might take awhile. Just glad it's over with, and no one got hurt.

jbeletti

Got it done. It took Heartland (according to the dealership ) a whole day to approve the repair, and tell them how to fix it. Turns out they knew about this problem. The metal seal wasn't notched out, and the wire rubbed against it every time the slide went in or out. Finally ending up in a shower of sparks, and smoke. Could have been worse I guess. Cost us 2 nights in New Orleans at spring break prices. Not cheap. Getting reimbursed a little, but that might take awhile. Just glad it's over with, and no one got hurt.

Great to hear it's fixed. Can you post a couple of pictures of this fix. Thanks for sharing.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Shoot I was in NOLA today and totally forgot yall were here. Hope you enjoyed the liquid sunshine. Be careful if you are getting on the road this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We're in NOLA this coming Monday night on our way to the LA rally - who's up for dinner at the Royal House?