Fixing Soft Floor in new to me 2014 4100

fastcarsspeed

So we purchased a very clean 2014 4100HD. We got a killer deal but of course there was one issue. The floor at the entry door and around the fireplace is soft. This is due to a leaky faucet valve in the bath tub that the previous owner did not catch quick enough. The coach has multiple warraties with it including the elite warranty but I don't know if it would cover the floor and I really don't feel like waiting for 6 months for my dealer to fix it. I am used to doing extensive construction work and thinking I may just go ahead and replace the sub floor around the entry way from the stairs to the front of the fireplace. I built a temporary landing out of 1/2 plywood and cut it in and stained it to get by for the next month but I think I may just pull up the vinyl and replace the subfloor. I have a couple questions.

1. Where would I get the plywood to install back down? I hear that this is not normal osb. I could always get marine grade plywood if need be.
2. If I cannot peel the vinyl up cleanly who make the vinyl flooring in this model?

Attachments

• IMG_20170513_083641.jpg
    IMG_20170513_083641.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 74

lynndiwagoner

I think the vinyl is made by beaufloor http://www.beauflor.com/en. As far as the floor goes, I'm pretty sure it is a laminated assembly with Styrofoam sandwiched between two pieces of plywood. I used marine plywood in one of my other trailer floor repairs and it worked out nicely. I bet you can fix it up real nice. Good luck.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If you make a longitudinal cut in the vinyl right on one of the "fake" board seams (using a long metal straight edge as a guide) you should be able to fold the vinyl back then lay it back down using vinyl adhesive. BTW, I used Marine plywood and it worked just fine in lieu of the original OSB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastcarsspeed

Thanks for the heads up. I am trying to decide now what to do as my local hardware store has Marine Plywood at 119 a sheet and I may need 2 sheets because of the cuts I am going to have to make around the entry way and stairs. The tongue and groove CDX OSB is like 30.00 a sheet. I was able to cut the vinyl along the walls and fireplace pretty easily and I am just going to use 1/4 round and brad nail it back in. No one will ever notice. Glad I have the Dremel Multi Max as it is coming in handy today.

Luckily everything is dry and looks ok otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_20170515_125401.jpg
    IMG_20170515_125401.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 65

rocrider50

Looks like fun. Reminds me to keep vigilant on leaks. Might want to put a cross brace perpendicular to the door, across the joists, for added strength.

fastcarsspeed

Yes it is best to check fittings after a long tow or rough roads. I am hooking up the water to the rv before I close everything up just so I can be sure there are no issues. I was going to try the warranty company but I have a strong feeling they would have fought me on this one. Also I prefer to repair this myself as I know that the repair has been done properly. I was able to cut the vinyl without any tears. Just as a fyi there are a ton of staples in that little piece of carpet in front of the slide lol.