Flat Tire

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Went to my RV storage lot to do a little cleaning and checking this morning. Discovered the opposite door side rear tire (Goodyear 614) was as flat as a pancake. Used the Level-Up to raise the tire off the ground and found a nail in one of the outer grooves - looks like a nice repairable spot. Not sure where I picked it up. The tire looked OK when we got back from our last trip three weekends ago. I haven't taken the tire off yet (that's what healthy 35 year old sons are for :rolleyes:), but my plan is to get it plugged/repaired, put the spare on where this one was and use this one as the spare. I didn't look at the spare wheel, but I'm assuming that the wheel is the same brand/design as the others. Can anyone confirm that the spare wheel is the same as the four on the axles, and not a cheap imitation? The good news is that the central vac outlet in the cargo bay worked great and I now have a completely rearranged and clean bay.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't think they are the same wheel, but may be different on your LM. The spare is a steel rim, painted white (quite ugly!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free[

Rodbuster

Hi Gus,
Hope everything is well with you and Debra.

Sorry to say, I would have to agree with TravelTiger as far as the wheel goes. I had to put on my spare on my Key Largo about 6 months ago and found that same "ugly steel wheel".

I would suggest that you have one of your 35 year old boys take the damaged tire and the spare to a tire shop and have them switch the wheel (rim).

Dick

MCTalley

Or buy a fifth aluminum rim like we did. Got ours from Heartland but if you search Sendel (the manufacturer) on Amazon, you'll find your wheel.

wildwolfproducts

Not sure a shop will have these around you. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...FaecyQGXhYCgCA&sqi=2&ved=0CHQQ9QEwBQ&dur=1415

But they will out last your tires. Have used these on TRi Axle dump trucks. With a 1/2" Bolt through a new tire. When the thread was below DOT levels the plug patch was still good as new.
Mushroom Plug Patch.jpg
These are worth there weight in gold when your new $300 or more tire gets a hole in it. Patch beats a plug anyday, but both are priceless.
Pete

boatto5er

So the tire shops here said a Goodyear ST tire can not be plugged safely due to the number of steel belts in it. Ended up having to order a new tire. Getting it from Simple Tire - $335 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

boatto5er

Got the new G614 mounted ($10) yesterday evening. DW helped me put it on the trailer. She looks around and says, "looks so much better than the rest. Maybe we should just go ahead and replace the other three". Someone pinch me so I can wake up. I obviously was dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

porthole

Retired
Gus, most tire shops won't plug/patch any tire that has an issue within 1-2" of the sidewall due liability.