Flip-Over Gooseneck with B&W Companion

Jhuff8181

We have a new to us 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW Diesel LTZ. It has a Flip-Over Model 288 R1 (POP) Gooseneck Hitch already installed. I want to install a B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch. Will these work properly together? Our Heartland Gateway has a GVWR of 15,500 pounds. Thank you.

SeattleLion

We have a new to us 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW Diesel LTZ. It has a Flip-Over Model 288 R1 (POP) Gooseneck Hitch already installed. I want to install a B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch. Will these work properly together? Our Heartland Gateway has a GVWR of 15,500 pounds. Thank you.

We have that hitch. The companion can pull 15,500. Our trailer (loaded) weighs 13,500 with a tongue weight of 2,600 lbs.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the turnover ball B & W hitch in our 2014 Ram 3500 that's a 20K unit. Haven't had any problems pulling our 2015 Landmark Key Largo.

FiremanBill

Love ours but yes, the post is square, not sure it will fit yours, square peg, round hole...

Attachments

• 10346209_955938777755271_4993710892800687720_n.jpg
    10346209_955938777755271_4993710892800687720_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 66

Jhuff8181

Thanks, spoke with Roger over at Tweety's and he said they have an adapter, part no. FLC. So looks like I'm good to go.

John

jimtoo

Thanks, spoke with Roger over at Tweety's and he said they have an adapter, part no. FLC. So looks like I'm good to go.
John

If you talked to Roger at Tweety's,,, you talked to the MAN.... he is the owner,, a really nice guy and has really nice employees. Roger is also a Heartlander.

Jim M

teasac69

Love the Companion and adding the Trailair Tri-Glide this weekend. Got to be neighborly this weekend, when a fellow parked long term left the top of his Companion at home and asked if he could borrow mine to move his trailer. easy to remove and use and replace. Sweet design and rig. I've had several Reese and no complaints but I gotta tell you, I love the B&W. Excited about getting the Trailair installed since this rig is about to shake my guts out on rough roads. No false expectations about 100% relief but know it will do much good. :cool:

scottyb

I have had 2 of them. One in a Chevy with the flip over ball and now one in the Ford that fits the factory 5th wheel prep. They are so easy to install/remove. I dropped my rig at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ last week. I wanted a clean bed to haul some stuff back to Austin. I backed up to the ramp and it took about 2 min to remove and store in the garage. We'll be heading back to Chandler next week and bring it all back home with us after the race.

BTW, I bought the 2nd one from Tweety's