Florida Must See

Seren

Good Luck on getting into any Florida State Park before May!

I started trying to get reservations 6 months ago and soon found that almost every FL park was already booked solid at that time. You have to start about a year ahead to get into these because they are being reserved well ahead, and many by folks from north of the US border! In the winter season, the Fl parks are reasonable priced but the commercial parks are priced through the roof taking advantage of snowbirds looking for warm weather.

We leave Jan 12 heading to Florida and the rates we are paying in S Florida and the Keys are enough to make you question why we are not just getting a room at a Hilton or buying a condo! lol

Guess it depends where you want to go. We have a Landmark and are at St George Island SP on the "Forgotten Coast" for 2 days and made the reservations the day before we arrived. We came from 3 days at O'Leno SP and made those reservations a week before. On the other hand, I am sure most anything in central or Southern FL are hard to get. As far as campgrounds in south FL, that is why we are on our way to Panama City for a month before making our way to Texas. Northern Florida is no where near as nuts as it is down south and is less expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Bok Tower near Winter Haven is a nice place to check out . . . I have some photos somewhere from our visit there a couple of years ago!

Not far from Orlando . . . 40 miles or so away.

It is the highest elevation in Florida (383 feet above sea level I think it is).

jimtoo

xxxxx xx that is why we are on our way to Panama City for a month before making our way to Texas. ,,,,,

Where are you going to be in Texas,,, one place or just traveling?

Jim M

Seren

Where are you going to be in Texas,,, one place or just traveling?

Jim M

Gradually making our way across heading west. Probably spend about 6-8 weeks in Texas. Tentatively Lake Conroe, Columbus, San Antonio area (probably near Medina Lake), then towards Albuquerque and eventually north into Colorado then Wyoming.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Gradually making our way across heading west. Probably spend about 6-8 weeks in Texas. Tentatively Lake Conroe, Columbus, San Antonio area (probably near Medina Lake), then towards Albuquerque and eventually north into Colorado then Wyoming.

When you are close to coming to Colorado let me know . . .

Maybe we can meet up for coffee . . . a beer . . . or a steak! :cool:

Mmmmmm . . . steak . . . :p

Seren

When you are close to coming to Colorado let me know . . .

Maybe we can meet up for coffee . . . a beer . . . or a steak! :cool:

Mmmmmm . . . steak . . . :p

Sent you a message since I didn't want to highjack the thread...

JanAndBill

Spent an interesting day at Ybor City with fellow Heartlanders the Talleys. Today is a lazy day of housecleaning, laundry and a little shopping. Tomorrow we're off to the RV Show.

IMGP1647 (640x424).jpgIMGP1668 (424x640).jpgIMGP1663 (424x640).jpg

JanAndBill

Tried NOT to do Disney this year, but gIMGP1785 (640x424).jpgot borIMGP1791 (640x424).jpged and needed something toIMGP1783 (640x424).jpg do. Epcot at night, sorry some of these still need a little touch up, but I'm still learning with pushing the limits of ISO speeds.
IMGP1819 (640x424).jpg