Florida to west coast via 10

Nightshifter

We are planning a trip this winter leaving PA in February and spending a week in Orlando at Disney Fort Wilderness. We are then going to drive 10 across the country to San Francisco to visit our son and family. We would like to be able to take our time and not be on a schedule with campground reservations and such. What can any of you experienced travelers tell me about just winging it and trying to get a reservation at a days notice. I don’t know how long we might stay in different places to be tied to a schedule of reservations. I can always camp at Walmart or Cracker Barrel’s. Just have to use the generator if no campgrounds are available. Any thoughts?

david-steph2018

We didn't go to Disney but meet some people who were. We were staying at Milton Fl at Avalon Landing Camp Ground for a week. They said from Louisiana to Disney this campground was 1/2 way for them. Avalon Landing is 1/2 mile off I-10, it is nice and clean.
Avalon Landing is on the east side of Pensacola about 8 hours from Orlando (if I remember correctly).

We also stayed at Dauphin Island Al. it is 3 miles off the coast of Mobile Bay on the west side of the bay. From Pensacola to Dauphin Island was about 3 hour drive for us.

carl.swoyer

There is a very beautiful State Park Lake Louisa and it's a 15 minute ride to Disney
It's in Clermont FL on rt 27. Save a ton of money as well I stay there all the time.
Many sights have full hook up and others only have 50 amp and water. You can park at the Polynesian resort ( tell them that you want to shop at the gift shop and you can park) then get on the Disney tram to go all over Disney. As far as reservations we generally don't. Truck stop, Walmart, Sam's,roadside rest stop,cracker barrel. We do call the Walmart and always speak to the store manager to get permission and where to park instructions. We also have Passport America 40$ to join but fifty % off your site fee.
When you leave Orlando you should consider traveling along the West coast on 98 north. Beautiful ride. Ho hum campground is on 98 north good easy stop over and you also have more Florida State Parks to stop at. From Lake Louisa to the west coast via hwy 50 is an hour and a half. Have fun.
We are planning a trip this winter leaving PA in February and spending a week in Orlando at Disney Fort Wilderness. We are then going to drive 10 across the country to San Francisco to visit our son and family. We would like to be able to take our time and not be on a schedule with campground reservations and such. What can any of you experienced travelers tell me about just winging it and trying to get a reservation at a days notice. I don’t know how long we might stay in different places to be tied to a schedule of reservations. I can always camp at Walmart or Cracker Barrel’s. Just have to use the generator if no campgrounds are available. Any thoughts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk