Floridians going West vs Westerners going East

MTPockets

We've spent last nine winters in Florida but we love the West. We've travelled 6 - 7 months in summer from Alaska to Arizona and everything in between and love it all, but return to FL. This year, we will leave next week and travel from FL to AZ, UT, then WY, and return to Arizona this time for the winter. Do Westeners travel East as often as Easterners travel West? Seems like there are few Western snowbirds in FL. Are there many Eastern snowbirds going SouthWest?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm from southern Michigan originally, but now that we live in Colorado (19 years now) . . . we prefer to check out the western USA!

There is so much to see out here that when we go east . . . we leave our trailer at home and fly the friendly skies!

Moon-Jet-sig-IMGP0952.jpg

Photo by me!

We have family and friends in Florida, so we do travel there by plane now and then.

When we go back to Michigan, we usually drive there by car.

Grey Ghost

We live in AZ now so we travel mostly the western states, there is so much to see. We have been in Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas and Texas also, but love the West. We do miss the grassy campsites of the mid-west sometimes, but not the humidity and storms we used to encounter when camping in the mid-west. We have NOT spent a lot of time, if any, in the East. Have heard that parts are very nice, just have not been there.We love the California coast line, up the 1 and Colorado and Utah are beautiful, Wyoming and Montana just go on and on forever. Mountains, lakes and vast meadows are just a lot easier on the eye than huge concrete jungles and crowded highways. Can not leave out Idaho, Washington, Nevada or Oregon either, just haven't spend a lot of time in them, YET. Love the west!!

JohnD

Our problem is that since we are from Michigan, whenever we go back there our family expects us to stop and visit them, which basically takes up all of our time there.

We are thinking about pulling our trailer back there sometime in the next year or so and spending our time in northern Michigan and not telling them that we are back there!

I love the UP (upper pennisula) of Michigan and love to go camping up there, but it seems that we need to be stealthy if we want to go up there without having the family get upset with us about not coming down to spend two weeks with them.

Gaffer

We see a lot of rigs from the Dakotas, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ontario, Canada in Arizona over the winter

Rodbuster

Well. here are a couple of Floridians heading west.
Monday (May 5th) we are leaving Florida for a almost 5 month tour of the west. We are looking forward to it very much.
We will be spending time in Colorado, Utah, California, Oregon, doing a rally in Washington, then on to Idaho, Montana, crossing into Canada to go to the Canadian Rockies, then back to Montana to go to Glacier Park and then slowly start heading back home to Florida.

We are originally from New Hampshire, so we have also seen all of the east coast.
What a beautiful country we live in.

Dick

marvmarcy

Since there are more people in the east than the west, likely more easterners travel west. However, we are residents of western MT and spend winters in Key West, with a month each in CO and NC in spring and fall. MT summers are beautiful ( both weeks ).:rolleyes:

Rodbuster

Dick, where in Colorado and when?

Good morning Dan,

We will be in Colorado Springs, staying at the Cheyenne Mountain State Park from 5/21 to 5/28 and then,
we'll be in Rifle staying at Rifle Gap State Park from 5/28 to 6/4.

Do I sense a little "get-together" here???
That would be great. Fran and I like "Ann" alot

Dick

danemayer

Good morning Dan,

We will be in Colorado Springs, staying at the Cheyenne Mountain State Park from 5/21 to 5/28 and then,

Dick

May won't work out. We were originally planning on getting to Breckenridge on June 4th, but it's looking like we may be delayed a few weeks.

JohnD

Good morning Dan,

Dick

I see a mini rally in the making!

I'll be at Cheyenne Mountain State Park from Monday 5-26 and heading out on Thursday 5-29 and will be moving about 10 miles over to Mountaindale Campground for the Colorado Heartland Owner's Club Chapter Rally that runs through Sunday 6-1.

I'll be in site #15 in Gobbler's Grove Loop!

My wife won't be there until Wednesday night as she has to work Tuesday and Wednesday . . . but I'll have a couple of our cats with me!

We should get together while we are both there!