Flush mount windows?

Robc

We have just ordered a 2014 BH 3010 re with the dual pane window option. The salesman e mailed us photos of the unit and I just noticed that the windows are the flush mount type... Quite a surprise as all the ones that I saw locally had the rubber/ sliding windows. Has anyone else discovered this change. It was built in late June so it didn't just come off the factory floor and if you have these flush type windows, how do you like them. We are picking it up on Sunday so it will be interesting to see what other changes there are. Photos only show so much!!! It's fully loaded minus the generator... We can't wait to see it.

brianharrison

The "flushmount" or "frameless" windows are the new style of window provided by Hehr or Kinro. I personally like the clean look without the frame being visible.

I am pretty confident they provide the same functionality and features as the visible frame styles.

Brian

pegmikef

We were pleasantly surprised when we received our BH3010RE with the frameless windows that we had admired on a Landmark. We did not take the dual pane windows as we are not full time and I did not want the extra 300 pounds. I sure like these windows a lot better than the metal frame windows. Nothing to caulk that I can see. They are heavily tinted and really make the rig look sharp. The windows in the ends of the slides and face the front and back are the metal style windows, but work very smoothly. Overall I think it was really nice improvement.

The change I really didn't like is the new spare tire carrier. They replaced the simple/easy to use crank and cable system with an awkward three man lift carrier.

pegmikef

Three man lift carrier? ? ? What is that?

I don't wanna hijack this thread, so for now suffice it to say that it is a poorly designed system that has zero mechanical advantage for lifting the tire into place. . . . especially for us old, not as strong as we were when we were seventy, guys.

ILH

I like the look of the flush mount windows - but I've been curious if the come in dual-pane. Does anybody know?

sengli

The only drawback I saw, in comparison is the flush types only have a smaller lower section that opens...vs the older framed windows you can open a much larger area. They do look cleaner from the outside.

Mizmary

The only drawback I saw, in comparison is the flush types only have a smaller lower section that opens...vs the older framed windows you can open a much larger area. They do look cleaner from the outside.

I want the whole window openable. So I hope they don't ever go to only flush mounts.

TedS

I like being able to leave the frameless window open when it is raining. No worries if you leave and forget the windows are open.

Westwind

Being able to leave more then one window open is a plus, we have one awning window in our 2012 3070RL, all the other large windows are slide which I'm not a fan of but the one plus is they are great to look out of.

Speedy

I do agree the frameless windows look great on the outside but they look much more bulky on inside compared to the framed windows. I also agree the framed windows open much more than the little tilt panels of the frameless.

My only beef with the framed windows is the large ones stick open or closed and need periodic lubrication.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I like being able to leave the frameless window open when it is raining. No worries if you leave and forget the windows are open.

Depends on if it is a blowing rain. It will come in then. Maybe not with a slow drizzle or a gentle rain with no wind.

I have a 2014 3685 with dual pane windows and yes, they are frameless as well. Absolutely love them. So do my jealous neighbors!

yport

picking up my 2014 3685 in two days and saw the frameless windows on my partial body paint ... SWEET look ... and like that you can open in the rain too without worries.