For those who own toy haulers

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We bought our Cyclone for a couple different uses. We too have the Harley Ultra Classic that we plan to use for sightseeing when I retire (2 yrs or LESS).
We also use it to haul antique Hit and Miss engines DSC00389.JPGDSC01160.jpg to shows along with a golf cart.

HornedToad

https://vimeo.com/160913986

I moved up to a toyhauler because when I had a bumper pull I looked like Jed Clampett goin' to a tailgate... My standard load was a portable generator, a smoker grill, a 55 gallon drum of extra water, a patio heater & propane fire pit, tables & chairs, a 10X20 canopy and motorcycle ramps to load everything in the back of the pick-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndmac

Our reason for TH is likely different than most. We have seasonal camp site that we leave our CY4200 on year around. We like it because the dinette is in the Garage and it can be bed or dinette. With the upper bunk we typically leave it down and visitors sleep up there leaving the dinette setup all season. (except when we need more sleeping space, the garage in TH is very versatile in my opinion.

Also at the end of our camping season the beds go back up to the ceiling and the TH garage stores all of our camping accessories. (Golf clubs, golf cart, swings, table and chairs etc.)

We rarely (3-4 times/season) use the rear patio deck but it is a nice addition when we do and it opens the TH up adding another dimension to the TH experience. (CY4200 has side patio deck-we typically use it unless we have extra company)

I guess in short the TH is very flexible and depending on how you plan to use it can enhance your camping experience with its many setup possibilities.

IMG_3132.jpgIMG_3009.jpg

Last edited:

ram_1955

We got the Road Warrior as my wife has mobility issues. For now she can still do the steps but if she gets to a point where she can't a little thought on camp site and she can ride her electric scooter up the ramp. Also great place for the extras everyone carries. And it makes a great deck image.jpg

Here is DW hauling the trash notice she has a helper in the front basket.
image.jpg

Jim-Lynn

https://vimeo.com/160913986

I moved up to a toyhauler because when I had a bumper pull I looked like Jed Clampett goin' to a tailgate... My standard load was a portable generator, a smoker grill, a 55 gallon drum of extra water, a patio heater & propane fire pit, tables & chairs, a 10X20 canopy and motorcycle ramps to load everything in the back of the pick-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike & Helen, I love the video and grill. Great stuff.
Jim

- - - Updated - - -

We bought our Cyclone to fit the HOG & paddle boat. Yes both fit with ease.
Jim

avvidclif

Mike & Helen, I love the video and grill. Great stuff.
Jim

- - - Updated - - -

We bought our Cyclone to fit the HOG & paddle boat. Yes both fit with ease.
Jim

Mike hauled that setup to the Rally at Quanah, TX. Let me tell you if he's coming and cooking, don't miss it. We had brisket, ribs, sausage, and chicken all cooked on that smoker and it was wonderful. He didn't say but that darling weighs 1200 lbs but it shore do work....

Thanks again Mike!

IronJ

One word....FLEXIBILITY. .....

we were in a 36' bumper pull bunkhouse. ....it was a great trailer...but we were always struggling on where to cram stuff...we had the bed of the truck and that was it...so if we had a genny and 2 mtn bikes it was full...

Also we tailgate and the floor type In the garage lends itself MUCH better to wear and clean up and the rear patio as well....

Kayaks ??.where oh let's put a bike rack on the front of the truck and a camper she'll on the back and put the Kayaks on top of that??..

Oh..and not to mention in addition to mtn bikes, we have electric scooters, dirt bikes, razr,road bikes and a grom. ..

If I'm going to tailgate we usually have a large pellet smoker and a couple patio heaters. ..

The other big reason for us was generator and copius fuel ....I can fill the tanks and go camp/tailgate for 3-4 days with heavy genny usage and no worries...

Oh...and outside patio...!!!

I'm actually sitting on mine now as it rains lightly watching dual survival on my dish...while all the other campers are stuck inside....we have ran into rain on many of our trips....I can still grill/chill /watch tv/ AND stay dry ...both feet and head!!

I could keep going...but a toy hauler fits our style and trips perfectly! !..all depends on what ya like /need..

Only negatives are it's HUGE...although that in and of itself has posed exactly 0 problems, it cost more to tow/own

Especially when you add the new truck I had to buy so I could pull it long and safe...lol..

Truth is we have yet to see another setup that makes us want say "man...that would be nice"

efb495454d752293d4546b74fb5d995c.jpg

Sniper

One word....FLEXIBILITY. .....

we were in a 36' bumper pull bunkhouse. ....it was a great trailer...but we were always struggling on where to cram stuff...we had the bed of the truck and that was it...so if we had a genny and 2 mtn bikes it was full...

Also we tailgate and the floor type In the garage lends itself MUCH better to wear and clean up and the rear patio as well....

Kayaks ??.where oh let's put a bike rack on the front of the truck and a camper she'll on the back and put the Kayaks on top of that??..

Oh..and not to mention in addition to mtn bikes, we have electric scooters, dirt bikes, razr,road bikes and a grom. ..

If I'm going to tailgate we usually have a large pellet smoker and a couple patio heaters. ..

The other big reason for us was generator and copius fuel ....I can fill the tanks and go camp/tailgate for 3-4 days with heavy genny usage and no worries...

Oh...and outside patio...!!!

I'm actually sitting on mine now as it rains lightly watching dual survival on my dish...while all the other campers are stuck inside....we have ran into rain on many of our trips....I can still grill/chill /watch tv/ AND stay dry ...both feet and head!!

I could keep going...but a toy hauler fits our style and trips perfectly! !..all depends on what ya like /need..

Only negatives are it's HUGE...although that in and of itself has posed exactly 0 problems, it cost more to tow/own

Especially when you add the new truck I had to buy so I could pull it long and safe...lol..

Truth is we have yet to see another setup that makes us want say "man...that would be nice"

efb495454d752293d4546b74fb5d995c.jpg
HECK YEA! Great picture! Where is this taken? Looks awesome! :)

IronJ

Thanks!!..we are in campsite #1 at Fort Davis State park in South texas÷

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

patsan

We bought Road Warrior 420 (looks a lot like what is pictured before this post). Hubs needed office space, plus Harley storage when we head on the road. But that second side patio sold us! It makes it feel like we have a much bigger space. I'm on it now, as we are almost everyday (full timers). You buy what works for you!
6d5aadd31359a83314b735a4a0657562.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

We bought Road Warrior 420 (looks a lot like what is pictured before this post). Hubs needed office space, plus Harley storage when we head on the road. But that second side patio sold us! It makes it feel like we have a much bigger space. I'm on it now, as we are almost everyday (full timers). You buy what works for you!

Indeed! That's what it's all about. :)

patsan

Oops let me push our website/webpage! WWW.breweriesinAmerica.com. Follow is as we drink across the country!

BruteForce

We bought ours to haul 3x ATV's. This summer, I'll be loading it with 2x ATV's and likely a 2 seat 12'L kayak!