Forum host move COMPLETE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I think I need the procedure for flushing the DNS. I Did on my laptop and everything works fine but I can't get the wedsite on my desk top. I guess I need to flush it. I looked for the procedure on here but couldn't find it.

Long hand:

Ipconfig /all
Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

I think there is also a flushdns command too...I don't have a windows machine here to test on anymore. But, that should clean it up...if not, even if you are running DHCP there's ways to hardwire other dns servers other than those assigned by DHCP.

I cannot pull up the MSRP pdf for BIGHORN or any models, it doesn't matter really I can't make a move on one till I find out where my next dollar comes from!................................Robbie......................

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am having problems connecting to the forum.
On my main computer I can not get on the forum when I am using a Sprint Aircard to access the internet.

I am on my spare laptop using a Verizon Aircard and can connect to the forum.
Michael (LK) If I am correct this could be a problem with Sprint not updating their DNS tables or something like that.. Email me if there is something I can do.

I am going to go to my main computer and use the Verizon and see if I can get on using that aircard.

Some other persons may be having the same problem...

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Michael
I am on my main notebook using the Verizon aircard. So it looks like it is not my notebook. It has something to do with Sprint updating the DNS??

There may be others that is having the same problem..

Jim Beletti..
Thanks for the info via email.

EVDO Alex...
Looks like getting the Verizon Aircard has come in handy.

BC

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Michael (Linuxkidd) emailed me about setting up an open DNS. He set me this link. I did and so far it has solved the problem. You might want to check it out. https://www.opendns.com/start/

May or may or not work...depends on your ISP and their DHCP.

And, your personal computer setup.

Linuxkidd helped me fix mine Saturday night...and getting it to work with my setup, Starband internet, and Ubuntu...it wuz a trip.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well,since the move to the new host,sometimes I can get to the forum and sometimes I can't. Right now I am on my wife's lap top with a verizon air card,but have been trying since last night to get on using my laptop and desk top.I connect to the internet on those using bellsouth and a wireless gateway. Tried the dns flush last week and nothing happened.I was out of town over the weekend and when we got back home on Sunday,both the laptop and desktop worked fine,up until last night.Like I said,since then I cannot connect. No great big deal,but very aggreviating.

linuxkidd

Hey guys.. just a quick note. I found an issue with the DNS server last night. It has been resolved, so the intermittent connections to the forum should slowly dissipate over the next day or so...

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
LK

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Thank you LK for finding and correcting it. I'll try it tonight to see if I still have problems at home with my Sprint card and Cradlepoint router.

Mark

trdeal

Thanks LK for figuring out the problem.I just checked both of our other computers and I still cannot get to the site,but I am sure that things will be back to normal soon.

trdeal

Ok. I just had a thought.Maybe I should try unplugging my wireless gateway and let it reset.I really didn't know if it would work or not. Well guess what,it worked,or something did. Anyway I am on the site again. Thanks, LK

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
So far so good at home. Gor right onto the forum, no problem.

Thanks again,

ct0218

Jim,I have a 2009 Pinehurst.Love it but my bedroom lights go out after ten minutes..I think it may be a short or the switch..After it is off a couple of minutes they turn back on but will go off in a few minutes..any suggestions..thank you very much..Wendell McGowan

Try posting this in the Landmark section under "electrical" and you should get some replies from members. My thoughts: Check the back of the switch, might be a loose wire there or at the light fixture. Not sure what lights come in the new Landmarks, I do know some fixtures have an overheat thermal switch that will cut power if it gets too hot. Not aware of them being used by Landmark but the are constantly upgrading components.

(Thanks Clark, I moved it... Jim M)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.