Forum software upgrade / New Look

k-f-Indiana

I am liking the software upgrade as I get use to it. I'm actually still learning how to navigate the forum. I liked the feature we previously had that alerted you when you were advancing into threads that had not had any new posts since you last read. Wonder if this feature is still possible?

porthole

Retired
I see the email link to the thread update "first unread" seems to working good.

Thumbs up emoticon inserted here

irvin56

Fortal front page.

I really like the looks you have made to that page, with each line having their own color pictures of a model.

LOOKS SHARP and all lines in one page.:D

Heartlandrvs should look at that for their own site, BUT make sure Jim B. gets a copy right first;)

linuxkidd

Fortal front page.

I really like the looks you have made to that page, with each line having their own color pictures of a model.

LOOKS SHARP and all lines in one page.:D

Heartlandrvs should look at that for their own site, BUT make sure Jim B. gets a copy right first;)

Glad you like it!

Steve Lidy @ Heartland RVs provided us with those images, so we can thank him for the great work! These images also adorn the top right "blank space" on the Brand specific community pages. ( Easiest way to see it is to click one of the banners from the 'Portal' page. )

Thanks for the feedback!
LK

(p.s. In case you missed this announcement, the Google Search is available again!!)

linuxkidd

...Now if there was some way of knowing how long it's been since our last log in. With the previous software, it was displayed in the upper right corner of the page. Is it still available somewhere else?

Hello Ray,
I just added this feature back. It's not as obvious as it used to be, but from the main forum listing, in the right side blocks that are displayed you'll see user and site statistics. One of those is the last time you logged in. You'll also note the number of posts in that block is a link to search all of your posts.

LK

SilverRhino

I've noticed that the "You've made ##### posts" line in the User and Forum Statistics changes each time I log on. Number will vary drastically and doesn't seem to reflect the actual number of posts that I have made.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong....just happened to notice it the other day. Keep up the Great Work!

Your last visit:2010-3-6 at 17:23 You've made 1543 posts.
( This is what shows up this morning.....have not made near that many posts )

Number of Members: 7,363 Total Threads: 13,197 Total Posts: 112,133 Currently Online: 125Newest Member: dsmart1

linuxkidd

Your last visit:2010-3-6 at 17:23 You've made 1543 posts...

This is quite strange...

In looking at the data in that statistic, it is showing you the userid and post count for a different user.. Specifically for our user retired4fun. I'm curious if this is a one-off event or if everyone is seeing strange numbers. It's always correct on my view...

Thanks,
LK

jnbhobe

Hi LK, I just thought I'd chime in to let you know mine was off on the count a week of so ago but its been right for the last few days. Thanks for all the help you gave me and all the work on the forum. JON

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I noticed me count has been off since I've been able to see it in this new software. Sometimes it says things like 1452 posts. Sometimes it is down in the 500's. I'm not near either of those ranges of numbers.
Kristy

SilverRhino

LK,

FYI .... logged in this morning and the numbers are correct.Your last visit:2010-3-7 at 16:12You've made 346 posts.

linuxkidd

LK,

FYI .... logged in this morning and the numbers are correct.Your last visit:2010-3-7 at 16:12You've made 346 posts.

Great!! I found that the module was set to cache results for 60 minutes, so it was refreshing once an hour and then displaying that info until the next refresh. I set the cache time to 0 to force refresh with each page load.

Very glad to hear it's work'n for everyone now. The strange thing is that it was never wrong for me. I suppose with admin access, it ignores the cache value.

Thanks all,
LK

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
I’m having an issue with the leading (i.e., the space between lines of text) using IE 7 when viewing the list of “New Posts” or viewing the list from any search. There is an overlap of about a half of the text depending on the text size when I set my browser for “Largest”. When set to “Large” the overlap is about 15%. The overlap goes away when set to “Medium.” The overlap is about 10% when set to “Small” and goes away when set to “Smallest.” It appears that the second line is sitting on top of the line above it. The icons are also partially hidden by the line below it when the lines overlap. I have a 21 inch monitor set to 1600 by 1200 resolution. The problem may be related to the background color of the text and how the text does a word wrap when the text has to go to a second line to fit within the cell of the table. I have not been able to duplicate this problem on other areas of the new forum.

I hope this is descriptive enough and is helpful.

I've attached a screen capture of the issue of the overlap of the lines of text. I hope this is helpful.

View attachment 7380