Frame on new 2011 bighorn rusted.

rustyshakelford

It would be interesting to schedule a factory tour during the winter. I can't imagine having a rusty frame going through the assembly process.

Depending on the weather, a lot of miles on wet salty roads can be racked up delivering these rigs to dealers in the northern tier of states. Especially out west.

our axles were built 4 days before our cyclone. however, when we got home, which was less than a month after the axles were made, they were ate up with rust.

we went to a factory tour at the end of february. Still very much winter weather there. The frames all looked good from what i could tell. Sitting out in the snow isnt going to hurt them but pressure washing them at 60 mph with salted road wash or any other de-icer wreaks havoc on them

brett

Westwind

My previous trailer had an open undercarriage, it was just a 1 season trailer. In the nine years I owned it I spent time under it sanding and painting with rustoleum. Took the stairs off and painted them, both sets and the front hitch. You want to keep it looking pretty, it's called work. Nothing - Nothing stays looking new forever. Especially if you live in snow and ice country or travel through it in the winter/spring months or vacation near the ocean & sand.
I think expecting more would be sort of unrealistic.