Freezer cold but Fridge warm

Hi All.
We have a NT 2016 26LRSS and up until today all seemed to be working well. Got a 30 AMP service all set up at home and got everthing running.
The freezer is ice cold but the Fridge is warm. Anyone have anything similar happen. I would think the freezer and Fridge section are on a shared compressor.
Any help appreciated. Been on 110 for about 2 hours and the freezer is already freezing water and the bottom half is room temp.

Thanks

Ray and Lynda Schilke
2016 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS
2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear
2087 Towing miles
2 Yorkies Bella and Mitzie

danemayer

Hi Ray,

You didn't mention what kind of fridge you have, but I assume it's either a Dometic or Norcold gas absorption type that runs off either 110V AC or propane.

You're correct that there is a single cooling unit that cools both freezer and refrigerator compartments. If the freezer is working normally, the cooling system should also be cooling the refrigerator compartment.

Some things to look for:

• Make sure the trailer is level. If more than slightly off-level, the cooling unit won't work correctly.
  • If it's a 4 door unit, there's a flap that seals the gap between the left and right refrigerator doors. If that flap fails to rotate into the closed position, you'll lose all the cold air.
  • Make sure nothing is preventing the doors from closing completely.
  • Check the door seals to make sure they lie flat.
  • On the outside, coming out of the louvers you'll find a drain hose. There should be a loose fitting cap in the end. The cap allows water to drain, but restricts air exchange. If the cap is missing, warm outside air will get into the fridge.

It's pretty rare, but you could also have a partial blockage in the cooling system. Someone else recently reported this on a Norcold unit. If this is the first time you've used the fridge, it might work loose on its own.

Dan I just checked again and it is a domitec. It seems that the freezer is now crazy cold and the fridge fins are cooling down. Is it normal for an RV fridge to cool freezer first?

Ray

Ray and Lynda Schilke
2016 Heartland North Trail 26LRSS
2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear
2087 Towing miles
2 Yorkies Bella and Mitzie

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have a 2016 NT with Dometic DM2652 fridge and yes it does take a while for things to cool down. The freezer gets very cold very quickly but the fridge does take several hours longer. I usually turn on the fridge on propane since I don't have electric and let it run for a half day or so prior to use when possible. Filling the fridge with very cold items will speed up the cool down process significantly over just an empty fridge. You might also want to check the

From the Owners Manual
http://www.dometic.com/QBank/EPiSer...aPlus-Installation-Operating-Manual_17602.pdf

P.12
When starting this refrigerator for the very first
time, the cooling cycle may require up to four
hours of running time before the cooling unit is
fully operational.

You may also have a thermistor that could need adjustment. I have attached a photo and circled the location and the thermistor components.
The is location on the right side of the fins inside the refrigerator.
The thermistor is a little tube with a wire and a plastic clip attached to the fin

There should be a label to help adjust for warmer or cooler temps in the fridge. I usually make sure it is in the coldest position (I think that is up towards the top of the fins)

Referthermistor.JPG

Thanks Silverado. I did figure out that I was just being impatient. I had adjusted that weird thermistat already but didnt think it would freeze so fast up top before cooling the bottom of the fridge. Good fortune would have it that I noticed the temp difference and switched the beer to the freezer area right away. No Mic Ultras were harmed as a result of the slow cool.

Ray

whp4262

I usually try to start the fridge 24 hours before I plan to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk