Fresh Tank Overflow

jrzygrl64

Hello all,

We have a 2014 Landmark, Grand Canyon floorplan.

We have been boondocking recently and so have been filling our fresh tank. When filling, it seems that water flows out of the overflow vents before the tank is actually full - the inside indicator reads only 2/3 full. That, plus, even after shutting off the water, it will flow out for awhile. Not realizing we had 2 overflow vents, Bill added a bit of hose to the vent to try and prevent what seems like siphoning out of the tank. That is how we discovered there are 2 overflow vents, the other one overflowed out. The difference between 2/3 full and full tank is about 30 gallons, which is a lot!

I guess my questions are: is this normal? is there a way to know exactly how full the tank is (we cannot see it at all) and finally - is there a way to stop this from happening and allow us to get a full tank? When boondocking for 2 weeks, a full tank is a MUST!

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Kelly

Lynn1130

I use this little tool to tell me how much water is going into and is finally in the tank. The gauges are not that accurate and this will help. I have three overflows on my tanks and have a shut off valve on each so that as they begin to overflow I close them one at a time until only the final valve is open. Once I pull the fill hose I close off the final valve. DO NOT rush the fill process. Use a slow flow and keep an eye on what is happening. Over flexing the water tanks can lead to some nasty and expensive damage. We also carry a 32 gal tote in the bed of the truck to add to our supply on extended backwoods trips.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-P0550-Wate...F8&qid=1427318939&sr=8-1&keywords=water+meter

Geodude

Hello all,

We have a 2014 Landmark, Grand Canyon floorplan.

We have been boondocking recently and so have been filling our fresh tank. When filling, it seems that water flows out of the overflow vents before the tank is actually full - the inside indicator reads only 2/3 full. That, plus, even after shutting off the water, it will flow out for awhile. Not realizing we had 2 overflow vents, Bill added a bit of hose to the vent to try and prevent what seems like siphoning out of the tank. That is how we discovered there are 2 overflow vents, the other one overflowed out. The difference between 2/3 full and full tank is about 30 gallons, which is a lot!

I guess my questions are: is this normal? is there a way to know exactly how full the tank is (we cannot see it at all) and finally - is there a way to stop this from happening and allow us to get a full tank? When boondocking for 2 weeks, a full tank is a MUST!

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Kelly

This was EXACTLY our experience on our first trip out, this past weekend. Looking forward to learning more about how to get a full tank of water on the deal.