Fresh water drain

RichCS

2022 Mallard Pathfinder 17QBH. I just purchased this camper and can’t find the fresh water drain valve. Does it not have one? I think if it does, it’s under the under paneling. Attached pictures are what I believe are low point drains for the sink and the water heater.

Attachments

• 2A60EDBB-EEEE-48C4-9821-4292431DF5F6.jpeg
    2A60EDBB-EEEE-48C4-9821-4292431DF5F6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 4C67DE67-7801-4863-AB1E-25A784599E19.jpeg
    4C67DE67-7801-4863-AB1E-25A784599E19.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23

david-steph2018

The single blue line is for the fresh water holding tank. The two drains side by side are low point drains. These are used to drain the hot &
cold-water lines. If you go inside and open a faucet, these drain faster. To drain the water heater, you need to remove the nylon plug on the front and open the relief valve for faster draining.
WARNING: Make sure to allow the hot water to cool off so you do not get burnt.

RichCS

Thanks for the info. When I go to fill my fresh water tank, water comes out the fill spout like it’s full. I figured out today that I thought my fresh water tank was full but after dropping the under paneling, the tank is empty. I guess my fill hose is kinked somewhere.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If your tank fill port is a large opening you stick the hose into, it may have a low point that fills and stops more water from getting past. Our BH had that problem. Solution was to make an extension for the end of the hose from 5/8” Tygon tubing to snake further down the fill port past the low point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Another trick is to put a piece of tubing over the little screen by the fill port and blow hard into it. That’s a vent for the fill line that can be blocked by water, preventing water going down the fill tube. You may hear it gurgling as you clear it.

RichCS

If your tank fill port is a large opening you stick the hose into, it may have a low point that fills and stops more water from getting past. Our BH had that problem. Solution was to make an extension for the end of the hose from 5/8” Tygon tubing to snake further down the fill port past the low point.

That did the trick. I’ve been fighting with the water system since I purchased the camper. Now if the dealer could fix my water heater, I’ll be all set. Thanks again!

JohnDar

Which water heater (Atwood or Suburban) do you have and what is the problem?