Fresh Water Fill Leak

rmckee6

Today I was filling the freshwater tank in our 2014 Road Warrior 30C. I connected the hose and moved the selector to the "Tank" setting. Turned the house hose bib on approximately 3/4 of a turn and went into the camper to monitor the "Fresh" tank level sensor. The sensor never went above empty about 30 minutes later water started running from the rear of the front steps. What could be the cause of this leak? My assumption is that the tank is getting full and overfilling causing this leak. This has happened once before while I filled it from the house hose.

danemayer

That's an overflow line that terminates near the steps. When the tank is full, it overflows to prevent the pressurized water from over-expanding the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

dona

Had the same leak on my Big Horn and the dealer installed a hose on the overflow so water flowed on the ground instead of in the belly. Works great.

kthwds

I had this happen on my Sundance I traded in on my new Torque, what happened in my case was the fill tube separated from the tank , it was put on me for over filling .. but my dealer repaired it and put an extra support under the tank. The repair man told me these new tanks aren't like the old trailers where you just fill it till it overflows. He said I need to go by the meter inside ..