Fresh Water Pump Noise

We have a 2011 31' North Trail. Fresh water tank and pump have never been used until now. Just filled tank up and turned pump on to make sure it worked as we will be needing to use it in a few weeks. Pump works but makes a fast thumping sound. Not real loud but noticeable. Should the pump make this sound while running?

Garypowell

I have heard of some finding the pump was not secured. I put some insulation around mine and it helped some. On the bright side it might be a good thing to hear a little noise since if you have a leak you want to "hear" the pump running too much.

Greengas

I have heard of some finding the pump was not secured. I put some insulation around mine and it helped some. On the bright side it might be a good thing to hear a little noise since if you have a leak you want to "hear" the pump running too much.

x2 I've read lots of posts on various forums from folks who find lots of ways to stop the noise from their water pump. But I agree with Gary, hearing the noise, especially hearing the noise stop when the lines are pressurized, lets me know that there is no leak in the system. I can't tell you how many times I found out that "someone" did not fully shut off a faucet by hearing the water pump kick in. At times, it is the sweetest noise in the RV world!