Fresh water tank leak

BBinNC

My husband filled the fresh water tank a week ago and all the water was gone yesterday. Any ideas on where the water may be going. Also, any idea on how we find the leak.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using water from the tank?
Is the drain valve closed?
Is the underbelly sagging, as in full of water?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I assume that you're not using the water from the fresh tank and just expected it to last longer. We can go through 100 gallons pretty fast.

Many Cyclones have 2 fresh tanks connected by a hose. If you're losing the water while towing, there may be a leak at the connecting hose. Several people have posted about this in the past. The hose apparently can rub on the frame cross member. If that's what's happening, you'll have water in the underbelly, pushing the coroplast down in front of or around the axles.

If that's the problem, you'll probably have to cut the coroplast to fix it.

Storm1972

Also if the tank isn't venting in the event you have dual tanks, you will not actually have full water capacity, I had a 3950 with dual tanks, and when water got into the vent line it wouldn't allow the rig to fill to its true capacity, light air pressure blown into the vent line occasionally seems to rectify the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBinNC

Found the source of the leak. The tee that was threaded into the tank had separated the tank coupling from the tank. I didn't, have a hot air welder to reattach the coupling so just treaded the remaining plastic with a 1/4 pipe tap and used a new nipple. Not sure if this will last. Not leaking at this time.

Dpa4747

My Cyclone is 3 years old and I have had nothing but Issues after Issues after issues, Im fed up with this thing I have had 2 tanks crack at 2 different times, now a 3rd leak a the 90 fitting where its pulling away AGAIN and flooding my underbelly.Now this tank needs to be replaced These are junk and Heartland needs to get away from the 2 tank crap, is PATHETIC Im 100% fed up its 3 years old!!!!! No help from CST SVC Honestly a joke 1 year warranty on a internal component that sees no wear, its not like its accessible for any kind of maintenance or lack of maintenance by its owner