Fresh water tank over filling.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a 2014 Cycone 4000 that we fulltime in. Recently drained the fresh water tank. After emptying the tank I noticed that I still had some water water coming out of the drain valve. I’ve looked at several previous post on this forum related to stuck check valves over filling the fresh water tank. We had a bad freeze here in Texas last year for several days. I believe this may have caused problems I’m just now noticing regarding my water pump as the check valve maybe stuck causing water to flow into the fresh water tank. I’m going to start with replacing the water pump and also adding a check valve also. Should the check valve be placed before or after the pump. Reading the post regarding this it seemed some have them in different places. Also would like recommendations as the which pump to replace it with. Some also recommend placing a check valve at the city water inlet at the Anderson four way valve. I appreciate any help.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

danemayer

Put the check valve on the suction side. If on the output side, you can get pump cycling as the pressure bleeds off backwards through the pump.

CoveredWagon

No need to replace the pump, just purchase a brass spring loaded check valve and install it on the suction side of the pump like Dan said. If you have a strainer on the pump be sure to install it in front of the check valve if you can. Also if you switched the Andersen valve under pressure you may have a damaged seal ring, also not a big repair job once you have the repair parts.
Don't ask me how I know 😉

chiefneon

Howdy!

Thanks for the help. I installed a inline check valve today as advise. Water pump is working fine and no back flow now into the fresh water tank. I appreciate the advise.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

No need to replace the pump, just purchase a brass spring loaded check valve and install it on the suction side of the pump like Dan said. If you have a strainer on the pump be sure to install it in front of the check valve if you can. Also if you switched the Andersen valve under pressure you may have a damaged seal ring, also not a big repair job once you have the repair parts.
Don't ask me how I know 😉
i have a 25 RPB, where would the Andersen valve be?

CoveredWagon

i have a 25 RPB, where would the Andersen valve be?
You may not have an Andersen valve. I really don't know.
The Andersen valve is the valve that lets you switch from using fresh tank water to city water to filling the fresh water tank to sanitizing the system. On larger rigs it's located in the UDC. (universal docking center)

3665RE

My neighbor has a 2013 Heartland Gateway 3200RS and the water tank is over filling.

Can someone tell me where to look for the water pump?

Thanks

3665RE

PS

I haven had the Montana sense 2020 gave it away now have a Lifestyle.