Fresh water tank vent

Gbrvers

Does anyone know why there are two vents on the fresh water tank? All the water leaks out when we're driving down the road. Would it be ok to plug these vents.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Gbrvers,

On trailers that have the 4-way Anderson Valve, the fresh tank is filled with city water from a home or campground fixture. The pressurized water from that source can be enough to overfill and damage the tank. To prevent damage, there are overflows added at the factory.

Some people have added cutoff valves where the overflows terminate. If you do, it's really critical that you open those valves before filling the tank.

Lynn1130

As Dan said. I have three overflows and have all of them valved but you need to put a note on your checklist to open the vents when you arrive. This prevents trying to fill the tanks later and blowing the crossover hose off if you have dual tanks or expanding the one tank to the point of no return.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Or, leave it the way it is and only fill your tank 1/2 to 2/3 full.

And, if you can, instead of hauling all that weight, try to fill it up somewhere near your destination.

Lynn1130

And you are out of water in 3 days if you are boon docking. If you are on a 10 day elk hunt 1/2 or 2/3 load of water just does not work. A 10 day family camping trip in the forest and you will be dry by day 5, if you get that many days.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
And you are out of water in 3 days if you are boon docking. If you are on a 10 day elk hunt 1/2 or 2/3 load of water just does not work. A 10 day family camping trip in the forest and you will be dry by day 5, if you get that many days.

I guess you missed where I said to fill it up somewhere near the camp location...

And, if you can, instead of hauling all that weight, try to fill it up somewhere near your destination.

Torque 371 2020, That Anderson 4-way valve froze up on me (found the part).
So I take the plate off that it's mounted to and notice there is no hose connected to the vent. Is there supposed to be a hose connected to the VENT for my fresh water for dry camping?
How do I know when my freshwater dry camping tank is full?

I've looked and see no vent hose in the compartment. Thinking it might have fallen off.

david-steph2018

Torque 371 2020, That Anderson 4-way valve froze up on me (found the part).
So I take the plate off that it's mounted to and notice there is no hose connected to the vent. Is there supposed to be a hose connected to the VENT for my fresh water for dry camping?
How do I know when my freshwater dry camping tank is full?

I've looked and see no vent hose in the compartment. Thinking it might have fallen off.
On our 2018 Road Warrior, the freshwater tank vent is between the axles, coming off the top of the tank.

different model Torque and the vent tubes( two clear) are on the drivers side front end of slide out.
We just bought the and found floor rot right at the staircase at the corner of that slide out. I'm wondering if the vent has anything in common with that floor rot?
Thanks for the info,

Dahillbilly

We just bought the and found floor rot right at the staircase at the corner of that slide out. I'm wondering if the vent has anything in common with that floor rot?
Thanks for the info,
mine are on the outside of the main frame, doubt that would cause any rotting just being a vent / overflow tube. I'd check the seals and window seals for leaks had that issue in the garage

david-steph2018

Thanks for the info,
Our stairs are on the driver's side. The water heater on the passenger's side. The cold-water inlet had cracked, and the water ran across to settle at the foot of the stairs. This caused an issue and we had to have the floor replaced in that area.

Our stairs are on the driver's side. The water heater on the passenger's side. The cold-water inlet had cracked, and the water ran across to settle at the foot of the stairs. This caused an issue and we had to have the floor
Big Bummer,
They just replaced that same spot, sounds like .
Define Cold water inlet a little more so I can make sure I understand...

They said the water stain came from the cable TV to area to that spot next to the steps(same layout as yours).

replaced in that area

david-steph2018

Big Bummer,
They just replaced that same spot, sounds like .
Define Cold water inlet a little more so I can make sure I understand...

They said the water stain came from the cable TV to area to that spot next to the steps(same layout as yours).
The cold-water inlet I referred to, was the inlet on the bottom of the water heater. It is made of plastic, so have it checked to see if the same issue.