Fridge issues?

Mizmary

Okay - so I have read a lot of the fridge posts trying to see if I could find someone with the same issues.

Our freezer doesn't cool well enough, and my fridge cools too well. We have the Norcold 1200 or something like that. It's the double door one.

Ay thoughts, we are planning on getting the fin fans soon- but I'm worried that will make the fridge work even BETTER and the freezer will be worse?

Do we have an issue behind the panels outside? Thanks for all of your help in advance. 😄

danemayer

Mizmary,

The refrigerator gets cooled after the freezer. So if the refrigerator is working well, usually that would argue that the basic operation of the cooling unit is ok and that the hot air on the backside is being moved away from the cooling unit.

Take the top vent cover off and take a look at the fins near the top - look for anything restricting airflow. Look on top and sides for insulation.

Is there room for air to circulate in the freezer? Have you checked the seals on the freezer doors (drag test with a dollar bill - there should be some tension on the bill as you pull it)?