Fridge Temp

Gas20

Been concerned about my fridge sweating on the fins and was wondering what would be a good normal temperature for it to cool to? I know some people keep them cooler than others. I got a thermometer and my fridge is at 45 degrees at noon time today, the air is set at 78 degrees inside the coach, just curious.

Garypowell

Ours will go from ambient down to sub freezing. So it works really well. And by the way the sweating is normal.

Our problem is getting the temperature regulated. The numbers on the controller don't seem to relate to a temperature. It will get down to 30 degrees at almost any number and there are just too many variables to figure it out. Outside and inside temp, how much food and what kind is inside, how many times we open and close each day.

We just keep an eye on it and adjust the number as needed. Not much to complain about as it keeps stuff cold as we want and works without complaint.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
I would set it for a lower inside temperature so food does not spoil. An external fan will help with cooling on hot days. Creates an updraft in the back of the unit.

ParkIt

Dan, if we aren't using a residential grade refrigerator I would think 43-45º is considered the normal range for the fridge and 33º for the freezer.
Could be something old from Dometic stuck in my head, haven't had the sweating issue but found years ago what foods you have placed and where can make a difference on that one.

danemayer

My recollection about refrigeration, in terms of keeping food safe, is that you want to be above freezing by several degrees so the food doesn't freeze. I think above 38 you start to shorten shelf life on milk and meat. I think above 40 on a continuing basis is inviting Heath problems.

Freezers should be near zero if you want hard ice cream.

Applies to homes, RVs boats, and anywhere else you find refrigerators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gas20

I spoke with a Dometic person today and he said that 45 degrees is to high. I checked it later about five pm and the temp was 40, so it is going in next week to be checked. There is only one small fan at the top to push air over the coils and a thin board angled toward the outlet at the top and not much insulation, so I may play with it between now and then and see what happens. Thanks everyone