Frig drain hose

jimtoo

We'll be in San Antonio in April..... I'll leave the check on the bulletin board at the rest stop on I-10 - near Kingsbury, TX.

Well,,, I don't get that way very often.. but if that's the best you can do.. I'll need to add a few little mileage charges. Just let me know when you get there. But if your going to be in SA... let me know when,, maybe you can buy just steaks.

Bobby A

Well, I'm reading this thread with interest as its time for my drain hose to be replaced. I like the idea of a clear vinyl/rubber hose. Does anyone know exactly what size diameter I should be looking for. I wonder if Home Depot or Lowes has this vinyl tube/hose ??

danemayer

Well, I'm reading this thread with interest as its time for my drain hose to be replaced. I like the idea of a clear vinyl/rubber hose. Does anyone know exactly what size diameter I should be looking for. I wonder if Home Depot or Lowes has this vinyl tube/hose ??

See post #18.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

madigand

I replaced mine with 1/2" vinyl tubing. To keep bugs out, took some screen wire and molded it so it fit inside tubing. Had it for 2 years and no problems yet.

Bobby A

I replaced mine with 1/2" vinyl tubing. To keep bugs out, took some screen wire and molded it so it fit inside tubing. Had it for 2 years and no problems yet.

I was surprised to find out that our local RV parts store hear in Fl. had the replacement drain screens when I replaced my tube a few weeks back.

Dylan

As I'm reading these threads, simply to learn, and this site is great for that, it leaves me with the obvious question....on our 2009 3670RL, should the drain hose be visible, outside of the vents from the fridge?? If so, is it sticking out the vents, or under the frame??

Rickhansen

My '09 3670RL had the original hose stuck out through the lower refrigerator vent. The only way you will know what you have is to remove the vent cover and look. I will bet that your hose was originally like mine, but the end has dry-rotted and broken off.

Dylan

Thanks....was there water damage to your as a result? None on mine, I just want to make sure, more prevention than anything. I enjoy reading about anything on the site, just to learn. Any major issues with your 09?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have moved my hose to one of the areas on the outside of the vent. One that does not get removed by removing to cover. Seems to be working great for me. I wonder why the factor does not do this. That way the hose does not have to be moved every time the cover is removed. I also rapped it with Black Electrical Tape to hopefully reduce the risk of deterioration from exposure. As anyone else done this?