Front axle tire wear

The wife and I purchased a 14 Landmark and have approx 2K miles. While washing wheels I noticed uneven tire ware on both tires of the front axle. The ware is on the extreme inside and approx 1 inch in width. Rest of tire looks great and rear axle is fine. What's next?

Thanks Michael & Mishelle Davis

jimtoo

Re: Front axle tire ware

Hi Michael and Mishelle,

Most likely it is an alignment issue. Call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call and see if they will let you take it to a truck shop to have the alignment checked. Most dealers do not have the ability to do an alignment. You may need to take a picture of your tires showing the wear. Be sure and check all spring hangers and bolts for broken or missing parts before you call.

Let us know how it goes

Westwind

Warranty work. But make sure you stay on top of the dealer so you can understand what is going to be done to correct the problem. Once the problem is solved two new tires should be part of the fix. Keep us posted, I'm sure we all will learn something from your experience.

Hey Jim and Bette,

As you can tell we are new to the "Heartland" family. We had a 08 Titanium before this and finally upgraded this year. My silly ? is how do you post your picture and other info under your name? I've seen maps and all kinds of stuff but can't figure the process. Looking forward to the forum exchanges and fellowship. Thanks M & M Davis

jimtoo

M&M,

Top right is "settings" click on it and on look on left side and scroll down to edit signature. This is good link and instructions,,, click here..also edit profile while there.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I also believe you have to have a minimum of 5 posts to the forum before posting pictures is allowed.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The wife and I purchased a 14 Landmark and have approx 2K miles. While washing wheels I noticed uneven tire ware on both tires of the front axle. The ware is on the extreme inside and approx 1 inch in width. Rest of tire looks great and rear axle is fine. What's next?

Thanks Michael & Mishelle Davis

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

We recently had a wheel bearing blowout on our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner while on the road in Arizona with under 5000 miles on the trailer, which required one of the axles to be removed for repair, and now that we are home, all five tires are completely worn out (we had to have one tire swapped for the spare due to it wearing out), yet they were like brand new when we left home for this trip.

Just wondering what the outcome of your situation was . . .

Jim.Allison

DO you have pics of wear?

We recently had a wheel bearing blowout on our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner while on the road in Arizona with under 5000 miles on the trailer, which required one of the axles to be removed for repair, and now that we are home, all five tires are completely worn out (we had to have one tire swapped for the spare due to it wearing out), yet they were like brand new when we left home for this trip.

We ended up taking the rig to a shop that aligns big trucks. After a complete check the issue was with the tires not alignment. Some under inflation issues. Interesting experience. Now before every move check tire pressure and torque the lug nuts. Thanks for the reply and happy travels.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
An under inflated tire will wear badly on the inner and outer edges. An over inflated tire will wear out the middle of the tire.