Front Cap Fading

Aristakat

just used some Auqbuff 2000 that I use on my boat to get oxzidation out of fiberglass, got 95% of the haze only way to see it is if you know where to look and climb up on ladder to look directly in shine.. I polished cap afterwards she shines again like the rest of the cap now..... I plan on keeping a eye on top of cap more often now......

Are you happy with it? We have the 3250ts and we are waiting for it to come back from the dealer for the same thing. Heartland had the dealer repaint the front and rear caps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aristakat

just used some Auqbuff 2000 that I use on my boat to get oxzidation out of fiberglass, got 95% of the haze only way to see it is if you know where to look and climb up on ladder to look directly in shine.. I polished cap afterwards she shines again like the rest of the cap now..... I plan on keeping a eye on top of cap more often now......

White haze came back, Heartland stepped up to help me get it repainted..
Heartland is the first 5th wheel We have had and with the follow thru on heartland might be the only
brand we look at... !!! Take it to get repainted/faded in next week....

Last edited by a moderator:
Got ours back from the dealer last weekend. It looks like new. Thanks Heartland for taking care of this issue for us we have been very happy with our 5th wheel and the service we have received from our dealer and Heartland.

Jim

cswarts

Re: Frount Cap Fading

We take ours in on Tuesday and will get it back on Friday. I can't wait for it too look like new again. We still get many comments though about our great rig. Thank you Heartland for taking care of your product and your customers so well.

olcoon

Re: Frount Cap Fading

I'm just wondering, with all the posts I've been seeing about paint problems if this is a problem with the paint Heartland is using. I remember back in the 80's Chev. & I think Ford was having problems with paint peeling down to the primer on their silver/grey vehicles. If I remember right, it was the paint, or something that was causing the problem. They finally figured it out & solved the problem. Wonder if something like this could be the problem.

JIM-GERI

Hi Guy, We have the 2011 Big Country 3450TS and our front cap is fading but where out of Heartland warranty. What can we do? Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guy, We have the 2011 Big Country 3450TS and our front cap is fading but where out of Heartland warranty. What can we do? Jim
Jim, have you read this entire thread? It sounds like there may have been a problem in the manufacture of the cap. I do not know if any of the information is correct, but I would recommend a call to Heartland Customer service and see what they have to say.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

JonV

Can Poly Glow be used over deccals safely?

Yes, see their web site. It goes over stains etc. as well so be sure to use the Poli-Prep. ;)

It works well but I don't believe it provides UV protection. I use 303 so I don't need to use Poliglow at a later date.

JJnLilly

Just was working on the front of my '11 Greystone and the flat surface at the top and down the front about a foot is significantly oxidized. May contact my dealer and ask them to check with Heartland. I've always kept it clean and protected with a sealer/gel coat.

FordMan1966

This is one reason that I am trading my Montana for a Full Body
Paint Landmark that is suppose to go to the paint shop on Friday.

cswarts

We got our rig back and it absolutely looks like new. I love it. I want to thank Heartland again and our dealership. Because we have a friend in SC who is getting the run around from the dealership there. I really don't believe it is a Heartland issue with all the great care that Heartland took care of us. i hope that he contacts Heartland directly because I know that he will get this taken care of as he has his only 2 weeks less in his rig then we do ours. Thank you again Heartland for the great customer service.

mbootag

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD Edition and the front cap is starting to fade fast. I keep my unit under a 85 foot awning and the front cap only sees sun in the morning for a few hours and it gets waxed 2 times a year. I called Heartland Customer service and they said since I bought it in may of 2010 they would only give me 800.00 for the repair and the estimate I got was 3,000.00.
I cant beleive that they said this becasue its over two years missed it by 2 months that this all they could do.
Does anyone have advice becasue it sould like you all were taking care of and maybe I got a bad CSR.
I bought this toyhauler brand new and thought i was getting top of the line product from a reputable company.
Any help would be much appreciated and a Hearland Moderator can contact me anytime.
Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter.................

jimtoo

Hi mbootag,

Looks like you have been a member of the forum for quite a while. So if you have been reading and keeping up with everything you have seen a lot of different ways the factory will help. From full coverage while in warranty to some help after the warranty period and to no help at all. My only suggestion would be to call back a plead your case again.

As far as a Moderator contacting you, I see no reason for one to. We as moderators just monitor the forum for violations of established rules and to keep the forum in an orderly manor. Since we have all been around a while and all have quite a bit of experience with RV's, we do quite often offer suggestions for repairs or solutions to problems, not because we have had the problem ourselves, but most of the time we have read a post on the forum about a problem and have seen the results of different repairs. We are volunteers picked because we love RV'ing and helping people when we can.

We, as moderators, do not have any direct contact with the factory concerning any thing related to warranty or guidelines.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD Edition and the front cap is starting to fade fast. I keep my unit under a 85 foot awning and the front cap only sees sun in the morning for a few hours and it gets waxed 2 times a year. I called Heartland Customer service and they said since I bought it in may of 2010 they would only give me 800.00 for the repair and the estimate I got was 3,000.00.
I cant beleive that they said this becasue its over two years missed it by 2 months that this all they could do.
Does anyone have advice becasue it sould like you all were taking care of and maybe I got a bad CSR.
I bought this toyhauler brand new and thought i was getting top of the line product from a reputable company.
Any help would be much appreciated and a Hearland Moderator can contact me anytime.
Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter.................
Start out by getting some realistic estimates..$3,000 is crazy high. I got estimates to do my Big Country from $1311. and up. My best price was from a shop that paints semi-tractors and trailers. They have a large enough paint booth to do the job. Stay away from RV dealers as most of them would just send it out and mark up the price. One of my local SOB dealers wanted $4,000 plus another $2,600 to replace the decals. Needless to say they won't be seeing me again..Get some reasonable prices and contact Heartland customer service again and see what they can do for you...I'm sure they have a good idea of what this should cost..Don

mbootag

Unfortunatley here in california the unit has to be painted in a booth and there is only a few booths that big for my rig.
I did not go through a RV repair shop but an actual body shop.
I will call Heartland again see what their response is.

Vtxkid

Agree that 3,000 is way out of the box! Get it down to around half of that if not less then that and then call Heartland back...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jdfishing

I also know of one that received permission from Heartland to have the front cap repainted. You might want to call customer service and inquire.

mikeandconnie

Hi,
I seen a Motor Home being painted in Ventura RV Park last year. I was surprised to see this, the owner said it was his dealership doing the work with permission from the park. They called it a touch up, but it was much more then your front cap. Maybe check around with some dealerships.