Front Landing Gear - Blown Fuse or Motor?

mcdanik

The landing gear on the front of our 2011 Heartland Greystone fifth wheel went up too far and the motor stopped and won't turn on. We were able to lower them manually, but wonder if the fuse is blown or if the motor burned up. I caught it just as they had stopped and turned it off. :(

jnbhobe

its a 30 amp fuse
check the power line no be a fuse in line

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bsuds

I carry spare fuses for this reason alltho I have not done it for a long time.(the salesman did it when we picked up out unit) We got home and couldn't lower them. If you go too far the fuse blows.
Don't know why they can't install a limit switch. Seems to me to be a no brainer.

123camper

Our dealer removed that inline fuse and said it was not needed because it was protected with a breaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Raised the gear 1" from end. Made a mark on leg with marker. Stop when it hits the mark. Haven't blown a fuse since. Only took 2-3 blown fuses to get me to do it though.

Jamie

caissiel

Been bumping the return for 16 years on 2 different unit and yet blown a fuse or kicked out a relay. Usually stop when motor sound changes.
Also modified the gear alignment setup on all my units so far to prevent drag. Its not the best design for our heavy trailers.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Easy fix. It takes a 30 amp blade type fuse, full size or mini will work, in the fuse holder located inline on a pink wire right behind the top of the battery box. If you bottom them out it will blow. I replaced the fuse in mine with a blade type 30 amp circuit breaker that fits into the same fuse holder. If I blow that I just wait a minute for it to cool off and it automatically resets. Once you get used to watching them it won't happen anymore....Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Install a 30 amp circuit breaker and your problems are over. I would mark the legs however just in case.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In regards to an inline fuse, it seems to be brand specific. I had heard all about this mysterious fuse, but when I replaced the jacks on our BH with the Ground Control system, there was no inline fuse to be found, only the mini-breaker. There is one now (60A ATC) for the Ground Control set up.