Front landing legs not working

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My last SOB had a big red STOP on the legs with a line. I never went beyond the stop line in the 4 years we owned it and never had an issue with the legs. Maybe Heartland can help out the consumers with putting a tape on STOP line on the legs. Just a suggestion.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have had a different situation with my landing gears. In Canada last year I extended my landing gear to far and broke the large reduction gear and had it replaced. I now have an orange painted area when I start to extend my landing gear to much.

When I was at my dealership last year I retracted my landing gear to the point that the pins on the legs broke. They had put the trailer in their shop but left the front end outside and extended the legs to keep the trailer level. When I started to connect to the 5th wheel I didn't realize that they had extended the legs higher than I could retract them to connect to my 5th wheel. I heard a loud pop and someone came running out and I had bent both leg pins down to about 45*. We raised the trailer up where I could pull away and lifted the trailer with a forklift and replaced the pins.

When I connect to the TV I watch my landing gears as they retract and stop them about an inch before they would hit the frame. Never blew any fuses..

Am I just lucky or is there something I am missing about blowing a fuse??

BC