Full Timing and Thanksgiving

Bohemian

Where do you spend Thanksgiving? Do you head south? When?

I expect that once we start full timing we will stay north until after Thanksgiving and be with family. However, it is already getting cold.

We originally planned to head south after Christmas, but as cold as it has been the last years in TN, we are going down the first weekend in December. (If my family was in NY, I would already be in FL.) There are plenty of snowbirds down south before Thanksgiving.

MCTalley

Last year, our first full year on the road full-time, we headed down to the Gulf Coast for the week. Found a nice little park at the AL/FL line. The park sponsored a Thanksgiving pitch-in by supplying the meat. Everyone else brought plenty of food to share. Our original plan was to head to Cracker Barrel, but scrapped that when we learned of the pitch-in. Our son drove 3 hours down to be with us.

This year, our son is stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, FL, so we're heading down there for a little over a week to have Thanksgiving with him.

The rest of our family - our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren - live near Seattle. We fly out to spend Christmas with them.

scottyb

Head to west Texas to my Aunt and Uncles ranch. We ride 4 wheelers, shoot guns, and make a big bonfire every night. What else are you supposed to do on Thanksgiving?

Bohemian

Thanks for all the feedback. It helps. Moving south and flying/driving back looks real good. Possibly getting everyone down to the nice warm camp also looks good.