Furnace Acting Up

SilverRhino

Need some advice on our furnace.....sometimes I turn it on and it will fire right up .... other times I need to cycle it 4 - 5 times before it will kick on. Last night could not get it to fire, but this morning it kicked right on. Let it run for awhile, turned it off, went back thirty minutes later and it would not start. Fan will. start and run but burner dies not ignite.

Im kind of leaning toward a bad board that is being effected by temperature 🤔. Any ideas??

SLO

I would recommend checking all electrical connections.

Peace
Dave

My furnace was intermittent after about 6 months. Pull out furnace and found many loose connections, which was the problem. Also, squirrel cage was loose and making noise, so I tightened that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Domi

There is a switch in the furnace that detects that the fan is running correctly before it will allow combustion. If that switch is going out it will cause this type of issue.

You will need to take the unit apart to see if that ia the issue.

I called a mobile tech and he was done in less than an hour. Cheap repair since we wel leaving the next day.

Good Luck,

John

meagle

My furnace was acting like yours. It eventually stopped working altogether. I checked the breakers and made sure that the thermostat was "calling" for heat. I had power to the circuit board but no power exiting the board. I took the circuit board off and went to an RV center in Medford, Oregon, AAA RV. They checked the board for free and told me that it was bad. They also said that a Dino board was a superior product and recommended replacing the old one with a Dino. I installed the new circuit board and now it works perfectly.