Furnace gremlin

smoother

2010 Heartland Cyclone,Carrier roof air unit with the propane furnace all tied together on remote.Came home from work today,high of 30°,evidently once the unit kicked off this morning it never fired back up.Its cold in here.Thats the first time it's done this when I wasn't here.Did the same thing as always ,kept monkeying with remote til it fired back up.Does anybody know what could be causing this problem?

danemayer

Hi smoother,

Do you also have a thermostat on the wall somewhere? If so, I'm wondering if the thermostat was also having difficulty getting things restarted.

A lot of things can cause the furnace to fail to ignite. Make sure you have no obstructions at the outside vents of the furnace. Also, make sure nothing is blocking the air return inside the coach, or any of the vents. Reduced airflow in any of those areas can cause a problem.

You might find some help in Gary Brinck's Furnace Troubleshooting Guide in this folder.

smoother

Stupid question, do you have propane??

1st thing I checked was propane,it was low so switched to other bottle.Once furnace fired back up,a little later,i switched back to original supply.There is where I have another dilemma,why doesn't the bottle on door side have a regulator?The tank switch is only 12" from this bottle,no regulator,12" from the bottle on other side is a inline regulator.....

smoother

Hi smoother,

Do you also have a thermostat on the wall somewhere? If so, I'm wondering if the thermostat was also having difficulty getting things restarted.

A lot of things can cause the furnace to fail to ignite. Make sure you have no obstructions at the outside vents of the furnace. Also, make sure nothing is blocking the air return inside the coach, or any of the vents. Reduced airflow in any of those areas can cause a problem.

You might find some help in Gary Brinck's Furnace Troubleshooting Guide in this folder.

That is a very good question.I haven't located a thermostat.Wondering where else to look.Altough it doesn't seem that would cause this issue,i would gladly start process of elimination.

danemayer

1st thing I checked was propane,it was low so switched to other bottle.Once furnace fired back up,a little later,i switched back to original supply.There is where I have another dilemma,why doesn't the bottle on door side have a regulator?The tank switch is only 12" from this bottle,no regulator,12" from the bottle on other side is a inline regulator.....

On most rigs, the switch is also a regulator.

Low propane could be a cause of furnace shutdown. A regulator or pigtail problem could also be a contributing factor. As temperatures drop, and the propane level in a tank gets low, it can be too low to keep the furnace running. A partial problem with regulator or pigtail could cause the problem to show up earlier.

smoother

On most rigs, the switch is also a regulator.

Low propane could be a cause of furnace shutdown. A regulator or pigtail problem could also be a contributing factor. As temperatures drop, and the propane level in a tank gets low, it can be too low to keep the furnace running. A partial problem with regulator or pigtail could cause the problem to show up earlier.

Thank you danemayer,any and all advice is greatly appreciated.But as am typing this I realize,the furnace has come on several times in the past few hours and is still on the lesser full tank.Just acquired this rig in the summer,and it's more technology advanced than my 03' was,so I have lots to figure out.