Furnace not coming on when it should

maldam

The furnace in my Heartland North Country is not coming on when the temperature drops below what I have set on the remote. For example, about 3 hours ago, I set the remote to 68 degrees F. Now, inside the travel trailer, 30 FKS, it must be about 55 degrees F. The furnace has not come on.

What is the likely problem ?

Thanks

Mac

danemayer

Hi Mac,

If you have more than 1 thermostat, you might be operating the wrong one. Only one thermostat operates the furnace.

If you're on the right one, when you switch it to HEAT and the thermostat set point is higher than the ambient temperature, here's the normal sequence:

1. A relay, usually overhead, will click to send 12V DC to the furnace.
  2. The furnace blower will start, and will push cool air through the floor ducts for about 25 seconds.
  3. The gas valve on the furnace will open and there will be a spark applied to ignite flame.

If the furnace blower doesn't run, check your fuse box to see if the 12V DC fuse is blown.
If the blower runs for more than 25 seconds and then shuts off after 3 ignition attempts, check the propane supply. You might need to purge air from the propane line, which you can do by lighting the burner on the range and letting it burn for a minute.

donr827

As mentioned above, in our trailer the heater was controlled by a Tstat in the bedroom not the one in the living area.
Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it had been working and suddenly quit while you’ve been parked for a while, it could be the furnace circuit board. That was my problem one season. It was about a $200+ fix at my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk