Furnace Quit - HELP!

danemayer

Thanks for the pointers there Dan.

Trying to pull my furnace cover off and the four corner screws for the cover plate were easy. The furnace flue cover is a bit harder. Not sure what torx T-size this is but the harbor freight cheapo T-20 is a hair under and T-25 is a hair too big. T-23 the ticket?

8379538b91ae847928a18048d984ee10.jpg

020583dc3da0131a411885568da461ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On mine the cover just slides out with the tubing. Takes a little wiggling. No need to take out the torx screws.

Roadventure

On mine the cover just slides out with the tubing. Takes a little wiggling. No need to take out the torx screws.

Just had to give it the right shimmy. So I tightened the connections I could see/reach. Tried the furnace again and still the no go. I also verified for sure no wasp nests.

danemayer

Wouldn't hurt to cycle the power - you'll have to pull the fuse for the furnace or turn off both shore power and the battery cutoff. But if you have a safety lockout, normally cycling the thermostat to OFF and back to HEAT will clear the lockout. So If power cycling fixes the problem, you'll probably be revisiting the problem in the future.

Might be time to get a mobile servicer out to look at it.

Roadventure

Wouldn't hurt to cycle the power - you'll have to pull the fuse for the furnace or turn off both shore power and the battery cutoff. But if you have a safety lockout, normally cycling the thermostat to OFF and back to HEAT will clear the lockout. So If power cycling fixes the problem, you'll probably be revisiting the problem in the future.

Might be time to get a mobile servicer out to look at it.

Yeah, trying to exhaust all our options before throwing $ at it. We have a hot week coming up so we'll likely be ok comfort wise. Gotta save $ from our truck warranty rebate and renters deposit for new wheel/tires.

How do I go about locating a mobile tech? I'm in Post Falls, ID for the next 2 weeks. Is this a forum thing or a run of the mill RV shop call. We have plenty of RV shops in the area is the latter.

Roadventure

Update: after closing up the furnace cover and cycling through the thermostat about 15 times. We left it off for about an hour. On a whim I tried it out at the mention of tonight's weather and voila! We have heat, never thought that burnt dusty smell would smell so good. But now I learned about the cycle, the cover comes off and that RV Resorts refer the mobile tech folks. All valuable lessons for a full timer. Thanks a ton Dan!