Furnace Whine [Resolved]

jmpower114

Though we have been using our furnace for a couple of weeks now, we are having our first really cold days in our Cyclone 4200. This morning the furnace vents on the outside have periodically stared to "whine." The is also a cough like sound after the whine. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Furnace Whine

If you have a screen cover in the vents, check that ice hasn’t formed on it, restricting the air flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kathi-27

last year ours started doing that then after awhile it started acting funny and shutting off some times. pulled furnace and found that some debris from the burner had fallen on the orfice and restricted it. cleaned up and replaced burner. worked fine till we traded in few months ago. hours was 2017 bh. we are full timing.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Make sure you have enough propane, when tanks get low the flow may not be consistent.

jmpower114

Make sure you have enough propane, when tanks get low the flow may not be consistent.

Yup! You were right! To circle back on this post, the problem was low propane! Even though we had what o would consider to be "enough" I think I was low enough that the flow was inconsistent. Once I switched tanks there was no issue. It happened again this weekend and the problem was remedied by switching to the full tank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk