Furrion Backup vs Observation Camera - difference?

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a curiosity question, the camera for your tt is Bluetooth driven so why can not the truck pick up the signal if the radio also has Bluetooth? I believe that would make life so much simpler.

jbeletti

I have a curiosity question, the camera for your tt is Bluetooth driven so why can not the truck pick up the signal if the radio also has Bluetooth? I believe that would make life so much simpler.

These wireless backup cameras are RF (radio frequency) but not in the Bluetooth RF band. To my knowledge, you can't stream video via Bluetooth. Audio - yes.

On edit: I may be wrong about the ability to stream video via Bluetooth. I just hadn't heard of or seen it being done. Here's some specs on it. Greek to me :)

Just purchased a Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL Oberservation camera for $338.02 from RVupgrades.com with free shipping
This was best price I found.

Hockster

jerryjay11

Just purchased the Furrion Vision 2 FOS48TAPK-BL. It works like a charm. Something to keep mind when setting it up, the instruction say to aim it so you can see your bumper, for obvious reasons. For me that was two clicks down. When I look at my bumper I noticed there could be an issue when backing on blacktop or other dark surfaces, including after dark. You may not see the bumper well. So I added a piece of white reflective tape to the ends of my TT bumper and it not sticks out like a thumb for backing. Thought this might be helpful for some.

Haven't been out on the road with it yet, will soon.
[FONT=BogleWeb, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

pjones1969

Looks like mine, yes. Worth the few bucks to try and pass on to the membership as several here do have issues with drop.outs.

Be careful, the wiring inside the unit is very light, if the brass connector is not tight you can / will twist it right in half. I ruined mine when installing an aftermarket antenna and had to buy a new camera.

Cyclone - Back up camera
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...owners.org/showpost.php?p=554169&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8404fmfvet

Off the wall question but I was wondering if or anyone know if you get a discount on furrion products if you join the Heartland owners club? I was thinking about buying their observation camera.

jerryjay11

Off the wall question but I was wondering if or anyone know if you get a discount on furrion products if you join the Heartland owners club? I was thinking about buying their observation camera.
Nope, Haven't seen one at all. Best to shop around for best prices. Click on "Owners Club at the top of the page and you'll see for yourself.

jbeletti

Nope, Haven't seen one at all. Best to shop around for best prices. Click on "Owners Club at the top of the page and you'll see for yourself.
Furrion doesn't sell retail direct, so no discount agreement in place on this product.

That said, directly through Heartland Customer Service, as a club member, you can get a 10% discount. Just not sure they'd be as competitive as Amazon or other online retailers.

jerryjay11

Furrion doesn't sell retail direct, so no discount agreement in place on this product.

That said, directly through Heartland Customer Service, as a club member, you can get a 10% discount. Just not sure they'd be as competitive as Amazon or other online retailers.
Yup! Knew that they have a 10%. This maybe 8404fmfvet ​can get a better price there.