Furrion Kitchen Appliances in 2017 models

Chingo77

Thanks guys. Yes, that is a 8 gauge ground wire. It was there when I started. I suppose it's there so the rubber hose doesn't get static or because the slide isn't grounded very well. It goes back to the frame.

Jbbar

We have a 2017 Road Warrior RW 429 equipped with the new Furrion Oven. My head cook and chief baker tells me that it seems to have difficulty holding a steady temperature. The fan that runs the entire time, not only eats power, but it also means if you open the door for any reason it seems to lose heat at a high rate. Has anyone found a way to shut that fan off and let it just work like an ordinary oven?

JB

BLR

We have a 2017 Road Warrior RW 429 equipped with the new Furrion Oven. My head cook and chief baker tells me that it seems to have difficulty holding a steady temperature. The fan that runs the entire time, not only eats power, but it also means if you open the door for any reason it seems to lose heat at a high rate. Has anyone found a way to shut that fan off and let it just work like an ordinary oven?

JB
As the chief cook. I have learned to adjust about 10*
However I'm not a perfectionist..so I adjust as needed

danemayer

JB

Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Ask them about the angle at which the propane hose is connected to the cooktop. I think a few 2017 RW and Cylones may need a different hose installed to ensure proper propane flow. And anytime you have a question about a propane appliance functioning strangely, if you also happen to smell propane, close the propane tanks until it can be checked out.

esscobra

I tested mine Thursday night ( first night in coach) and it got to 400 and held there- cooked 2 pans of enchilada's Friday-at same time at 375and had no issues- as with all ovens- even the toaster oven I used in old trailer- they will loose a lot of heat quickly when opening the door- I found it recovered nicely and try to keep opening t minimum- overall it is a huge improvement over the previous ovens which were better at storage than cooking- I don't think I will continue to pack toaster oven- I will soon test with rolls-biscuits and casseroles- but I feel the oven worked great and am very pleased with its performance

Attachments

• ench.jpg
    ench.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 78

jbeletti

I tested mine Thursday night ( first night in coach) and it got to 400 and held there- cooked 2 pans of enchilada's Friday-at same time at 375and had no issues- as with all ovens- even the toaster oven I used in old trailer- they will loose a lot of heat quickly when opening the door- I found it recovered nicely and try to keep opening t minimum- overall it is a huge improvement over the previous ovens which were better at storage than cooking- I don't think I will continue to pack toaster oven- I will soon test with rolls-biscuits and casseroles- but I feel the oven worked great and am very pleased with its performance

Those enchiladas look amazing! Thanks for the oven review. Looking forward to getting one soon.

esscobra

burners on stove work excellent as well- but much like previous units- don't go low enough for a simmer- looking forward to trying a griddle plate across them

thanks- hopefully you can try them when we meet at rally!

Jdodge836

I must agree, we only ever used the oven in our jayco for storage. This furion unit is amazing, my mrs cook some biscuits the first trip in our trailer to try it out and it worked phenominally. Never opened and closed so cannot attest to heat loss but suggest as other just set it, forget it or only open when absolutly needed. Save time and propane heating back up.

violinini1

Attached page from RV Pro Magazine showing Furrion Kitchen.
View attachment 48509

Hi Dan,
We met you at the Heartland Rally recently in Goshen. We would like to look into upgrading our appliances in our Big Horn to the Furrion. Do you know if there is any literature out on doing this? Our Atwood oven is not very usable and my wife hates it. The convection oven is not much better. Does not get to the correct temp. Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Dan,
We met you at the Heartland Rally recently in Goshen. We would like to look into upgrading our appliances in our Big Horn to the Furrion. Do you know if there is any literature out on doing this? Our Atwood oven is not very usable and my wife hates it. The convection oven is not much better. Does not get to the correct temp. Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.
Hi Don and Jan,

Good to hear from you.

Take a look at post #40 in this thread. Chingo77 installed a Furrion oven. And here's a link to Jesstalkn's Microwave/Convection oven replacement. He didn't install a Furrion, but if the dimensions are the same, you can study Jerrod's post to see how it's done.

We also have a Furion Oven in our Landmark 2017 and the fan is very noisy and would also like to know if it can be shut down while cooking and after also because it will run until the oven cools down to 130 degrees.

It's really annoying.

Thanks,
Richard.

Bones

We also have a Furion Oven in our Landmark 2017 and the fan is very noisy and would also like to know if it can be shut down while cooking and after also because it will run until the oven cools down to 130 degrees.

It's really annoying.

Thanks,
Richard.

If the Fan is coming on then it is trying to cool the unit down. If you shut the fan down you could overheat the oven and potentially have a melt down.

chiefaret

We have had our Big Horn for just one month. On the first shakedown to go to rally in Mancos and Moab, we have not used the oven yet. Got to Moab and went to open the oven and the left hinge will not work and we cannot open the door, or close it all the way. It kinda hangs down to the left. Anyone have any suggestions???

Called the company, but they have not gotten back yet. Will take the door off so as not to damage any of the hardware, if possible.

Any help thanks.

chiefaret

We have had our Big Horn for just one month. On the first shakedown to go to rally in Mancos and Moab, we have not used the oven yet. Got to Moab and went to open the oven and the left hinge will not work and we cannot open the door, or close it all the way. It kinda hangs down to the left. Anyone have any suggestions???

Called the company, but they have not gotten back yet. Will take the door off so as not to damage any of the hardware, if possible.

Any help thanks.

Talked to Furrion this morning, said the door will have to be replaced and to just take it back to the dealer. Very happy with their response, she logged my problem so the dealer will know what we called.