Fuse on front landing gear switch

Cynusps

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2011 BC 3250TS? Our front landing gear keeps blowing a fuse on the switch. The legs retract or extend using the remote. Thank good ness for the remote otherwise we would have been stuck this weekend. We figure it is a loose wire somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Fuse on front lading gear switch

If you're extending it to the maximum travel it can blow the inline fuse (usually located near the battery). If you have the in line fuse, it will look like a small flat black box about the sixe of a book of matches.

GOTTOYS

If I was to guess it's blowing out when you retract the legs? If you run it all the way to the stops welded on the outside edges of the legs it will blow. You have to stop just before the stops make contact or even sooner. I leave mine about an inch or so away from all the way up. Your remote may go through a different circuit to the motor than the switch does. The fuse for the switch as you may know, is inline in the pink wire behind the battery box. It is setup with a fuse instead of a circuit breaker to protect the gearbox for the legs. A circuit breaker may not kick out as soon as a fuse and could result in damage to the gears....Don

busted2341

Brought mine home and the first time I tried the switch the same thing happened. Thanx Mr. remote!..Anyway took it back to dealer and discovered a short. Whatever happens do not let them just put in a bigger fuse!

JonV

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2011 BC 3250TS? Our front landing gear keeps blowing a fuse on the switch. The legs retract or extend using the remote. Thank good ness for the remote otherwise we would have been stuck this weekend. We figure it is a loose wire somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks

The same thing happened to us except we were just leaving the dealership at the time, the legs were only retracted about 1/2 way at the time.

The fuse is located just above the battery box with a red cover

Bob Vaughn

I painted a red line on mine so I would not retract them too much and blow the fuze....

Cynusps

Thanks all. We discovered that also. Our switch was also bad. My husband bought a replacement and changed it out. Even though it is under warranty it was easier and cheaper to replace it ourself than driving 3 hours to the dealer.

This if a great place for information. I appreciate the responses.