Fuses not labeled

ddlindy

1. We have a 2011 Big Horn. The outside porch light and security went out. I suspect it is a fuse, but they are not labeled. Any one know how they are identified? Is there a standard labeling chart?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What model Bighorn do you have?
On our 3585 the #4 fuse is for the door side lights. There was no label on the inside of the cover from the fuse panel?
If you have a blown fuse the red LED should be lit.
I would remove the switch in the cabinet an look for a loose wire.

Peace
Dave

donr827

I just went through the walk through on our Bighorn. The 12 volt fuse panel label was attached to the cover. We had one 12 volt fuse blown and the LED light was not on so they do not work 100% of the time.
Don

branson4020

Icantre Member
The led 'blown fuse' indicator will only be active if the circuit is trying to draw current. For instance, if the fuse for the door-side lights is blown, the led will only illuminate when the light is switched on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There's no guarantee that all 12V circuit fuses are installed the same, but here's how mine are set up. I enhanced the print for the photo. I also have two unlabeled fuses at the bottom that I'm not quite sure about. Maybe this season I'll pop them out and see what doesn't work.

View attachment 18611View attachment 18612

branson4020

Icantre Member
There's no guarantee that all 12V circuit fuses are installed the same, but here's how mine are set up. I enhanced the print for the photo. I also have two unlabeled fuses at the bottom that I'm not quite sure about. Maybe this season I'll pop them out and see what doesn't work.

View attachment 18611View attachment 18612

Good chance everything will still work. The last couple of spaces in my panel were just spare fuses.

JohnDar

Good chance everything will still work. The last couple of spaces in my panel were just spare fuses.

I thought about that, too. For some reason, the label on the cover is not the original, but placed over another. Impossible to remove it to see what it might say. I'm thinking one of them might be for the electric awning motor, since there's no label for it, but it's a 12V motor. If I find they control something, I'll report back on it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I thought about that, too. For some reason, the label on the cover is not the original, but placed over another. Impossible to remove it to see what it might say. I'm thinking one of them might be for the electric awning motor, since there's no label for it, but it's a 12V motor. If I find they control something, I'll report back on it.

Careful John, I think one of them may be for the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

wdk450

I would contact Heartland Service both via telephone and e-mail at the contact info on the top left of the "Portal" page. Attach a photo of your fuse panel cover with the e-mail. Identify your rig with the last 6 digits of your VIN. They should provide this label for you.

traveler44

I had every light on the front GFCI go out once and that included the power in the side compartments. It was a breaker in the breaker panel that had tripped. I found out that the breaker wouldn't reset until it was switched ALL THE WAY to the off position first and then back on otherwise it looks like it is reset but it isn't. Tom

wdk450

I had every light on the front GFCI go out once and that included the power in the side compartments. It was a breaker in the breaker panel that had tripped. I found out that the breaker wouldn't reset until it was switched ALL THE WAY to the off position first and then back on otherwise it looks like it is reset but it isn't. Tom

Traveler44:
This thread is about 12 volt DC fuses, not 110 Volt AC circuit breakers and GFCI's.

traveler44

I guess your right Bill. I think it was the receptacles that went out instead of the 12v lights. The reason I didn't remember it well was because I was using plug in lights at the time it tripped. I just thought somebody might want to know how these circuit breakers need to be reset if they have one trip.

wdk450

Traveller44:
I didn't mean to sound critical. Everybody posting is trying to help another RVer out!!!

JohnDar

Looks like the Hubble Space Telescope to me!

It would be the evil twin of the Hubble, and the only space photos would be of the Bullethole Galaxy. Might be good for dealing with any Klingons trying to circle Uranus, though.:rolleyes: