Garage Capacity

TNEagle

I was just reviewing the new online brochure for the Cyclones. It now states that the garage capicity for 2 axle is 2500# & 3000# for 3 axles. Does that mean that my 2011 3950 is now rated @ 3000#? Has anything changed to give this higher rating? My factory info states 2500 max. load. What's the story?

Lamphere

We have the 2812, I am not sure what you are going to put in the garage, but, we have put 2 large utility atv's, a portable generator, and a 50 dirt bike and have had no problems.

TNEagle

That's the whole question. Just what exactly I can put back there. 500 lbs is a lot of weight. One of our members hauls a Smart car. Maybe a dune buggy who knows. The point here is what is the rated load. Like I posted, the new brochures are stating 3,000 lbs. for 3 axles. I have 3 axles but mine states 2,500 max.

jimtoo

Hi TNEagle,

I would suggest that on Monday, call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Be sure you have your VIN available.

Jim M

TNEagle

Jim,
Reckon that's what I'll have to do. I would think this would have a lot of owners wondering the say thing. Especially the way there seems to be so many discussions over weight capiblities. I posted this same question on the "ASK THE FACTORY" thread but still no reply.
-Jerry

Jetskier

I'm not sure why heartland makes things so unclear with wieght ratings on everything with these trailers? But the answer I got when I was trying to figure out the correct gvwr for my 3010 was that the garage is rated for 2500 ibs but are "over engineered" and can handle 3000 ibs. I was told that was a safety margin because people tend to push the limits. I'm pretty sure if you asked them the same question again, you would get a different answer. Everyone I talked to gave me a different explaination of how they arrive at the gvwr.

porthole

Retired
Doesn't matter what the garage max is rated for, the 3010 trailer had a total cargo limit or approximately 1500-2000 pounds.
Only recently was the GVW bumped up, with what appears to be adding the pin box capacity. Something that had been done (stopped) on the 3 axle Cyclones.

The current spec sheet (today on the HLRV site) lists the 3010 at 14,000 GVW (2 - 7K axles).
Some of the newer 3010 have come through with a higher GVW, 15,500 IIRC.

Either way putting 2500 pounds in the garage will max you out, without a drop of water or supplies.