Gateway - Kitchen faucet water pressure

Cody_Teal

The wife and I picked up our Gateway 3200RS couple of days ago and walk-through had a few minor issues that were addressed rather quickly, everything tested out great. Got home hooked up to water and kitchen faucet (pull out with sprayer) has very poor water pressure. Bathroom faucet, shower and outdoor shower have great pressure. I've pulled the screens and cleaned them (plastic piping shavings and some sediment were removed), replaced with new screens and still nothing. Am i missing something here. Only thing i can guess is the amount of water built up in the coiled flex tubing under the sink is holding water and it won't build enough pressure. Pressure is so low the spring to engage the spray function will kick out. Other than that, we are sitting here in hot West Texas loving life in the cool AC of the Gateway.

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Gateway - Kitchen faucet water pressure

Hi Cody-Teal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If the kitchen faucet worked OK at the PDI, I'm guessing you still have some more shavings or something somewhere in the faucet. You might turn the water off and relieve the pressure on the system, disconnect the cold water or hot under the sink and hold a bucket and have someone turn the water on for a minute so you could see actual flow to the faucet. The fittings should be easy to reach and just hand tight. Just make sure you can hear each other when it's time to turn it off...might get wet. :)

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

I moved thread to a better area for help also.

Birchwood

The water pressure at out kitchen faucet is always low and not sure why?Its a new expensive residential faucet but like you not happy with the pressure.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When plumbing connections are made like this, it should not be too surprising that the flow and pressure are low. These are from an older BC under construction, but I doubt there's much difference between brands. The PEX tubing may be 1/2", but the openings in the plastic fittings are only 3/16". The flow at our kitchen faucet is also very low compared to the bathroom.

View attachment 30275View attachment 30276

jimpav

Along the lines of PEX tubing and water flow, we discoverd that our new Gateway 3200 does not have any low point drains. The dealer had to call Heartland only to find out they (drains) were eliminated!! The reason was that the low point drains were freezing for some folks, so Heartland decided to eliminate them. If you winterize your lines this is no big deal, but whenever we leave a campground, I liked to open the hot and cold drains (Eagle Ridge) to mainly release the water in the hot water tank. It doesn't make much sense to carry all that extra water. It was a convenient way to release all the water in the lines on the way home. Now I have to remove the H2O water plug (hot) in order to drain the tank. I'm wondering if it's possible to tap into the lines and add a valve to the hot and cold lines????? What would be the best place??

danemayer

Low point drains were eliminated on most models a number of years ago. Our 2011 doesn't have them.

The drains have a valve that's exposed to outside air as is the water just above the drain. When temps drop below freezing, the exposed section freezes and ice wicks up into the main line, blocking water flow.

Cutting a pex line and installing a tee is pretty easy.

jimpav

I can understand the freezing issue, but when you leave camp and have to carry an extra roughly 80 lbs in the H2o heater and who knows how much in the lines themselves, it's not good weight management. This is especially important since our 3200RS was weighed at rally and is just about maxed out for the 6K axle on that side. Seems there is a lot of weight on that side due to the slide with refrigerator, Tv, stove, and fireplace. Yes, we will be carefull not to store much on that side. Sure would have been nice to have the next weight class axles/wheels on that side according to the trailer configuration.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Most motorcycle riders would prefer you not drain your tanks while driving down the road. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cjackg

Low point drains were eliminated on most models a number of years ago. Our 2011 doesn't have them.

The drains have a valve that's exposed to outside air as is the water just above the drain. When temps drop below freezing, the exposed section freezes and ice wicks up into the main line, blocking water flow.

Cutting a pex line and installing a tee is pretty easy.
Our 2015 Cyclone has 3 fittings that sure look like low point drains...
uploadfromtaptalk1403397236765.jpg