Gen 3 Remote (LCI) programming

SHerrick

When we picked up our new Bighorn 3270, the light control on the remote didn't work. We came back and the dealer (Camping World, Birmingham) Corrected the problem. I picked up the camper and there are a couple extra selections on the remote. One is listed as Cabinet Lights. When I pressed it, the landing gear started to retract! I want to remove the extra selections to prevent them from being hit acidentally. How do I remove them?

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The remote receiver should be near the cabinet that contains your manual switches, usually it is above it covered by paneling held in with a few screws.

SHerrick

Thank you, Terry! We caught the guy who SHOULD have done the programming the following morning and he went through the process, using the info you provided, while I watched. He explained that it is a single wire power line to each of the programmed items and showed me where the connections were. He told me that I have a total of 3 more programmable entries and all I needed to do was locate the load side of the power switch for whatever I wanted to control from the remote, locate the blank connections on the remote panel and wire them up, then go through the programming process to have them listed on the remote. Sometime when I feel brave and want to mess with it, I am going to put a couple interior lights on it and leave one blank, should I ever be able to convince Clare to get the generator installed!

Thanks again!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Scott,

I am glad that the information I posted on the forum was helpful for you, that is one of the reasons the forum exists.