Gen fuel pump replacement-T32

660griz

Submitted for warranty claim and was denied. I am appealing since the Cummins/Onan dealer did state on the invoice that the heat circulation issue was due to improper generator install.

danemayer

Submitted for warranty claim and was denied. I am appealing since the Cummins/Onan dealer did state on the invoice that the heat circulation issue was due to improper generator install.

Who installed the generator? If installed incorrectly, it seems like they would be the ones to ask for reimbursement.

There is an installation manual. If not installed per the manual, that together with the repair shop finding should be a compelling argument.

660griz

Who installed the generator? If installed incorrectly, it seems like they would be the ones to ask for reimbursement.

There is an installation manual. If not installed per the manual, that together with the repair shop finding should be a compelling argument.

I assume Heartland installed it at the factory. My dealer didn't do it and it was installed when I got it. I ordered it direct from the factory with the generator installed.

danemayer

I assume Heartland installed it at the factory. My dealer didn't do it and it was installed when I got it. I ordered it direct from the factory with the generator installed.

Then I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them to confirm factory install of the generator and be prepared to email a copy of the Cummin Repair Shop findings and invoice.

660griz

Then I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them to confirm factory install of the generator and be prepared to email a copy of the Cummin Repair Shop findings and invoice.

Thanks for that. I called Heartland and they had heard of the issue. Sent them the info and they will handle.

Last edited:

660griz

Thanks for that. I called Heartland and they had heard of the issue. Sent them the info and they will handle.

Update: Out of manufacturer warranty and it appears the other 2 warranties I have don't cover this.
Note to new owners, test your generator on a hot day.

To quote my wife, "This camper is the worse purchase ever!" Sad but, I have to agree.
Now, on to the water pump issue.

danemayer

For a factory install, this is not an Onan warranty issue. A factory installation error is a Heartland issue. If your trailer warranty has expired, I would suggest you call back and request Heartland Management look at a Goodwill Accommodation to cover cost of having the problem corrected. They don't have to say yes, but you should ask them nicely to consider doing so.

660griz

For a factory install, this is not an Onan warranty issue. A factory installation error is a Heartland issue. If your trailer warranty has expired, I would suggest you call back and request Heartland Management look at a Goodwill Accommodation to cover cost of having the problem corrected. They don't have to say yes, but you should ask them nicely to consider doing so.

Yes. Since it is not a problem with the generator, it is not an Onan issue.
I may shoot off an email to Heartland but, I may not. I think they wear you down till you stop trying. :)
When Heartland states that they have heard about the issue but...warranty is up, seems they are not really interested in happy customers.

danemayer

A phone call is probably a better choice than email. If you have to hold, stay on hold until the call is picked up.