Generator install help

Carey

I just bought a Torque T322, last year. I just bought a Onan 5500 generator. My rv is prepped for the generator. What I need to know is where to drill the holes for the exhaust, & intaked, & how big do they need to be. I tried to find youtube videos but couldn't find any. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecioated. Thanks Carey

Carey

I just bought a Torque T322, last year. I just bought a Onan 5500 generator. My rv is prepped for the generator. What I need to know is where to drill the holes for the exhaust, & intaked, & how big do they need to be. I tried to find youtube videos but couldn't find any. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecioated. Thanks Carey

Thanks for the replies. I guess I didn't give enough info. I have a built in gas tank, with the lines already run for generator. The wires are there for all connections. The battery connections Cummins Onan 5500 gas, which is what my toyhauler is prepped for. There aren't any cutouts in the compartment for exhaust or intake. That is what I need to know is where to drill those holes. Thanks.

Eric1234

I believe in those generator install files there is a template for the holes for the exhaust and the intake. If that not an option look at the bottom of the generator and make your own template and use a grinder with a cutting wheel or plasma cutter.

as a side note for getting the generator into the front compartment it was pretty easy. I lowered the front landing gear all the way down so the front of the trailer was at its lowest point to the ground. Next used 2x4 and 4x6 wood and cribbed the generator to the right height and slid it in.

Hope this helps

eric