Generator question

Kimjaco

Question; is it true that when you get a cyclone with the 2nd fuel cell your rig's generator will be gas powered vs propane with a single fuel cell? If so any benefits or problems?
Thank you for any input.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
It is powered by gas, 20gal for the generator and 30gal for the pump tank

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Upside of 2 fuel tanks is you can have regular for the generator and a different kind of fuel for your toys. Down side is you can't easily pump fuel out of the generator tank at the end of the season.

scottyb

Generator still runs on gas with a single fuel cell. I think they only use propane generators on 5th wheels w/o fuel cells.

porthole

Retired
Our Cyclone only has the one tank (wasn't an option then), so my genny uses premium because that is what the bike requires. But I have been re-thinking that. For our area fuel for toys is not much of an issue. Since the only toy is the bike and I have never been in an area where I needed to use the fuel from the trailer, I will probably start using regular in the Cyclone tank.

I think if I had two tanks with only the one with a pump, I would be doing some type of mod to get pump capabilities out of both tanks. If for no other reason then circulation purposes.
Small , inline gasoline rated electric pump (think race car stuff), one way, from the genny cell to the main cell.