Generator trouble code 13

I have 60 hours on a new toy hauler with 5.5 ONAN that came with the camper. While running the AC, TV, Ceiling fan, lights the generator lulls and then trips main breaker. I find it hard to believe those standard appliances cannot run without tripping the breaker. Any help on where to look to ensure the under voltage fault can be fixed. Thank you

danemayer

Hi Kidd123011,

By "main breaker" do you mean the circuit breaker(s) on the front of the generator? You may have one 20 amp and one 30 amp breaker on the generator, in which case it would be easy to trip the 20 amp depending on how the circuit breakers are installed in the main breaker panel inside the trailer.

On the other hand, if you mean the pair of main 50 amp breakers in the main breaker panel inside the trailer are tripping while on generator, I'd guess you might have something wrong at the automatic transfer switch.

You might want to take a look at our owner-written Electrical User Guide for more information on how your electrical is set up.

I actually have a 4K Onan. Not a 5.5. I am fried from trying to research this. I apologize for wasting your time. The main breaker I am referring to is in the cabin. The 30 and 20 amp breaker next to the fridge. Again I apologize for bad info. Thank you for your input.