Getting Sailuns installed next week

bobca1

Well after reading the ongoing daily/weekly "blowmax" stories I am doing it and upgrading my tires. I am planning trips to grand canyon in April and Eastern NV this summer do not want to end up stuck on side of freeway with my family. As much as I would love to go top of the line and get the Goodyears, I am going to give the Sailuns a shot. Maybe if I had not just done the solar, washer/dryer I would be more OK with spending $2,000 on the Goodyears.
It's going to cost me $1053 out-the-door from my local tire shop to get five S637s installed, which I plan to do next week.

What kind of life can I expect out of this tire? From what I have read online seems that age is more of a factor for replacement than # of miles?

aatauses

Good luck with your tires---I also did a lot of searching and then decided to spend the extra and get the GY--from what I have read you will be happy.
al
currently in Crystal River, fL

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well . . .

I have the BlowMax's on our 2013 Trail Runner, and they looked perfect, until our recent trip to Arizona (did the Grand Canyon in there).

But something happened (not sure what), and all four springs on our trailer are flat (worn out after less than 5000 miles on our trailer) and the trailer bottomed out on the tires several times.

I can barely get a finger between the tops of the tires and the bottom of the floor of the trailer or slide out.

Plus, one of the wheel bearings burned out and took out the brake assembly while passing through Phoenix . . . lost two days while getting it fixed . . . and none of it seems to be covered or supported by our extended warranty (what a waste of money that was), Lippert or Heartland.

Now that we are home, all five BlowMax's are completely shot as they got ripped up by the trailer bottoming out on them, plus they are all suddenly warn out on the edges . . . a couple on the inside and a couple on the outside edge.

But I will say that they are still holding air and are still round!

Once I figure out how to go with getting the springs replaced and the axles aligned, I'm thinking of getting the Carlisles as I've heard great things about them from several members here!

Here are some photos:

BadBlowMaxSmall.jpg TireRubBadGougedTireIMG_3911.jpg TireRubBadGougedTire-IMG_3904.jpg TireRub-IMG_3907.jpg TireRub-IMG_3903.jpg TireRub-IMG_3898.jpg AxelRearDrivSide-IMG_3900.jpg FrontAxlePassSide-IMG_3906.jpg

Ron-Cookie

Hey John it was nice meeting you at the Arizona Quartzsite Rally! On the way home from the previous Arizona Rally I ended up with three of my TowMax tires going South... Tredit came to my rescue and replaced all of my tires with Sailun S637 tires under warrantee... Glad my rims support the 110 pound pressure... Now I feel safe going down the road again! Look forward to seeing you again at our next Arizona Rally!

MikeR

;LPP
Once I figure out how to go with getting the springs replaced and the axles aligned, I'm thinking of getting the Carlisles as I've heard great things about them from several members here!
[/QUOTE

John, you should also look at the Maxxis tires. I believe users have been getting really good service out of them. On different forums, I've heard mixed opinions on the Carlisles.

lwmcguir

Well after reading the ongoing daily/weekly "blowmax" stories I am doing it and upgrading my tires. I am planning trips to grand canyon in April and Eastern NV this summer do not want to end up stuck on side of freeway with my family. As much as I would love to go top of the line and get the Goodyears, I am going to give the Sailuns a shot. Maybe if I had not just done the solar, washer/dryer I would be more OK with spending $2,000 on the Goodyears.
It's going to cost me $1053 out-the-door from my local tire shop to get five S637s installed, which I plan to do next week.

What kind of life can I expect out of this tire? From what I have read online seems that age is more of a factor for replacement than # of miles?

Curious if you have any warranty? Local dealer has zero warranty. Love our 17.5 GY's but certainly understand budgets.

Rddocatt

Submit those photos to Heartland and to the extended warranty people. My springs broke suddenly . These springs are made in China and do not last.

Jim.Allison

G614s are about the same price and are not imported by dynamic tire. One member got a set for 245 each. Some members have a whole new mounted set that they would sell.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

We are on our second set and would not hesitate buying a third. In my opinion these ARE top of the line tires. As far a life span goes a lot of that is up to you. Proper rotation, balance, and inflation go along way.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I am very happy with our Sailuns. I've had really bad experience with the Carlise on another 5er. They make good low speed tires but I will never have them on the highway again.

bobca1

Thank you! Nice to hear they have worked out for you.
We are on our second set and would not hesitate buying a third. In my opinion these ARE top of the line tires. As far a life span goes a lot of that is up to you. Proper rotation, balance, and inflation go along way.

bobca1

Not here in my area I checked 3 local tire tire shops all about same the GY are double the cost.

G614s are about the same price and are not imported by dynamic tire. One member got a set for 245 each. Some members have a whole new mounted set that they would sell.